Amazon, seller feedback.

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
On the seller feedback, they have a box which demands some kind of entry.

What do you put in it(if you use Amazon)?

It won't let you skip it, well not thee UK one.

I just put a few dots........

Seems to do the trick. What is the point, what can one really say? 'ordered the stuff, stuff came'?

On the seller feedback, they have a box which demands some kind of entry.

What do you put in it(if you use Amazon)?

It won't let you skip it, well not thee UK one.

I just put a few dots........

Seems to do the trick. What is the point, what can one really say? 'ordered the stuff, stuff came'?

Customers want to know whether the seller is reliable ; did the article match the description, was the delivery as swift as described and if the seller responded any messages that were forwarded ?

I always leave feedback as not only does it help trustworthy sellers but also helps future customers if the sellers are not up to standard.

I think the comment on seller feedback should be optional, its a pointless entry in most cases. My business sales on amazon and the vast majority of the time people seem to confuse it with product feedback. I wish they allowed no comments and just rankings for "Arrived on time", etc. In any case, only a small percent of people leave seller feedback.

I always leave feedback, especially how "good/new" a used item really was and if the seller went to great lengths to ensure good wrapping and posted the items quickly.

If sellers go above my expectation (which is "average" quality and service), IMO this deserves to be honored. If quality and service are "average", I normally put "item as described".

Also, I normally write what I bought. Please bear in mind that after 90 days, the actual product sold is no longer visible. To a potential buyer looking at a seller's ratings and prior business, it is important information whether the 100+ articles sold by the buyer were 3$ trinkets or, e.g. 500 $ camera lenses. So especially for veluable items I normally also put that. "Perfect Canon EOS 80-200/2.8 lens, fast and secure shipping" fits well into the text box and gives potential future buyers valuable information.

Sometimes, unfortunately, unscrupulous sellers build up a reputation by selling hundreds of cheap trinkets, before then offering expensive electronics/computers etc.

Also, if an account of a legitimate seller who has a long history of selling beer mugs and and football caps gets hacked and suddenly 10 new Macbook Pro computers are on sale at really good prices, chances are that more buyers get tricked by the "positive feedback" than if there are no prior sales or if it is not at all visible from the texts what kind of items were sold.

Last edited:
I always leave feedback as not only does it help trustworthy sellers but also helps future customers if the sellers are not up to standard.

I usually leave the feedback about whether it was delivered on time etc.....I'm just talking about the text box....if it was just an ordinary transaction, like a book for example, there isn't really that much to put in there.

I usually leave the feedback about whether it was delivered on time etc.....I'm just talking about the text box....if it was just an ordinary transaction, like a book for example, there isn't really that much to put in there.

I only buy used cd's and books so it is important to specify if the article received was as described. I'm not too sure whether this applies for brand new items.

I only buy used cd's and books so it is important to specify if the article received was as described. I'm not too sure whether this applies for brand new items.
I just click on 'as described by seller', or whatever the option is.

I've never seen that box on Amazon and I don't think I have ever left feedback.o_O I used to always leave feedback on ebay but that was because I used to sell things on there too.

I've never seen that box on Amazon and I don't think I have ever left feedback.o_O I used to always leave feedback on ebay but that was because I used to sell things on there too.

Item arrived by 17 December 2014?
Yes
No
  • Estimated delivery date:8 December 2014-17 December 2014
Item as described by the seller?
Yes
No
Prompt and courteous service? (If you contacted the seller)
Yes
No
Did not contact
Comments:

On both Amazon & Ebay I usually put something as "Item as described, fast delivery. thanks" (and also throw in if delivery is eco friendly)