August Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food and drink wise, I've not been the healthiest over this bank holiday weekend - lots of eating out which means burgers and fried things and other deliciousness, a lot of alcohol, and far less sleep than usual.

BUT.

I've walked around a lot (nearly 50,000 steps from Friday to now), and more importantly, I've spent a lot of time with some amazing friends - some of whom I haven't seen in far, far too long. It's been great for my mental wellbeing, I'm feeling all happy and full of love for the people in my life (like a sim with a full social bar :p ). My body will recover, I just need to be extra nice to it over the next couple of days.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Food and drink wise, I've not been the healthiest over this bank holiday weekend - lots of eating out which means burgers and fried things and other deliciousness, a lot of alcohol, and far less sleep than usual.

BUT.

I've walked around a lot (nearly 50,000 steps from Friday to now), and more importantly, I've spent a lot of time with some amazing friends - some of whom I haven't seen in far, far too long. It's been great for my mental wellbeing, I'm feeling all happy and full of love for the people in my life (like a sim with a full social bar :p ). My body will recover, I just need to be extra nice to it over the next couple of days.

Your weekend sounds a lot like how our weekend went :D Anniversary dinner and not having much restraint with the food at that! Then to the Abbey Bar for 18% ABV stout, and sour beer festival. Saturday was completely shot! Didn't run Saturday, or Sunday and was reluctant today. I ran for half an hour rather than my usual full hour. I got to make up for it this week lol :D

How long does it take you to walk 5 k ?
It depends, if I'm by myself, I can kick it in under 45 minutes (I'm usually walking with my headphones and listening to very fast music). With my friend, we tend to talk a lot, so it maybe takes 48 to 50 minutes, lol.

Today was just outstanding weather-wise. We did our 5k and a little extra. We walked for an hour because it was just so nice out. So glad we got there a little early.

Here are my fitbit stats for last week:

fit bit stats Aug. 30.PNG

I am fairly consistent. I don't know how this week will go with working and working and working for 8 days in a row. I do not walk on the treadmill on work days so we shall see....
I gained a pound last week so I am not happy. I am hoping it was water retention or something!

Reactions: PTree15
Here are my fitbit stats for last week:

View attachment 9715

I am fairly consistent. I don't know how this week will go with working and working and working for 8 days in a row. I do not walk on the treadmill on work days so we shall see....
I gained a pound last week so I am not happy. I am hoping it was water retention or something!
I was "liking" your Fitbit stuff. :D
Re: the pound...you might have indeed had fluid after your anniversary celebration. I notice that on weekends when I eat a lot of carbs or drink a few beers, I feel kind of bloated on Monday. I always weigh myself on Friday, before any crazy weekend eating, hehe. I bet ou will lose that pound in a day or two. :)

It depends, if I'm by myself, I can kick it in under 45 minutes (I'm usually walking with my headphones and listening to very fast music). With my friend, we tend to talk a lot, so it maybe takes 48 to 50 minutes, lol.

Today was just outstanding weather-wise. We did our 5k and a little extra. We walked for an hour because it was just so nice out. So glad we got there a little early.

That's not too bad. I prefer the second option either listing to the nature or having a good gossip. :D

That's not too bad. I prefer the second option either listing to the nature or having a good gossip. :D
LOL, me, too! But when I'm alone, sometimes I get on a roll and just hoof it. If I'm in an area near a park or something, I definitely amble because I like looking at the flowers and greenery. :)

I tried a couple of the exercises I saw on that fitness show, wow, they are quite tiring!:D I tried to do jogging the way he did it when you lift your legs to hip height and my legs felt like jelly afterwards. I could only do 10 minutes in all!

In September I want to start going to bed earlier as I have got into a silly sleeping pattern. I want to be in bed by 11pm as I keep staying up later and then feeling like I want a nap during the day.:rolleyes:

I'm attempting to burn that 2lbs of fat off and maybe some of that extra muscle too because I really don't like being that bit bulkier. Went for a run on Sunday, did my usual 30 mins spin Monday, 30 day shred yesterday & James just gave me a 1hr workout in the gym with weights etc. I actually enjoyed it so much!

Doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow though :'D

Reactions: PTree15
I am under the weather today, so no workout, as I have a super long workday/night ahead of me. Blah.
Yesterday I did 5 miles, though! :D

I am under the weather today, so no workout, as I have a super long workday/night ahead of me. Blah.
Yesterday I did 5 miles, though! :D
Hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg Does it have to be started by a moderator? I forgot the rule!

I'll post here anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.