Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Last month's thread is here

Last edited by a moderator:
Same goals for me too. This is my weekly Fitbit progress report. It's not great but considering I did absolutely nothing for three years, it's an improvement. It's averaged out but I do really well at least four days a week. The other three slack days bring my numbers down.
934d906b16bb82f96175045815fb6dfe.png

I'm not tracking my weight so there's no change there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be scolded for this for being so far under on calorie intake but oh well, I'm posting anyway :D

ipodpick.png

It does seem low. Not sure I'd be standing if that were me, lol.

It does seem low. Not sure I'd be standing if that were me, lol.

I actually do not feel deprived at all. I eat and I don't go to bed hungry. But my meals tend to be somewhere between 200 and 300 calories, sometimes more if it's a sandwich. Then once you deduct the calories burnt, BAM way under lol.

IMG_0884.PNG

@Jeremy Do you drink any calories? Because if you're also drinking things like juice, then it's probably okay, but if you're only drinking water then maybe you should consider adding in a couple of healthy snacks (like fruit or yogurt), because 991 calories a day for an adult is pretty close to a starvation diet...

I scold him all the time about his lack of fruit in his diet! :D We do eat frozen banana smoothies though.

Reactions: PTree15
@Jeremy Do you drink any calories? Because if you're also drinking things like juice, then it's probably okay, but if you're only drinking water then maybe you should consider adding in a couple of healthy snacks (like fruit or yogurt), because 991 calories a day for an adult is pretty close to a starvation diet...

I only drink water, unless I'm drinking beer :) I'm careful to factor in the calories in beer too... While technically you're not wrong, at this point I feel like I couldn't eat more even if I wanted to. I feel satisfied from meals and they mostly stick with me, and I don't go to bed hungry. If I'm starving, it truly doesn't feel like it.

I only drink water, unless I'm drinking beer :) I'm careful to factor in the calories in beer too... While technically you're not wrong, at this point I feel like I couldn't eat more even if I wanted to. I feel satisfied from meals and they mostly stick with me, and I don't go to bed hungry. If I'm starving, it truly doesn't feel like it.

I have to agree with AF. You're not getting enough calories for a young man who also runs.

You need far more protein and fibre. Even if you're not hungry you need nutrients and calories to promote a healthy body. Even, if you feel fine for the moment, I'm not too sure that you'll be able to follow this kind of a diet in the long term.

BTW what is honey and chia ? Is it an instant breakfast cereal ?

I have to agree with AF. You're not getting enough calories for a young man who also runs.

You need far more protein and fibre. Even if you're not hungry you need nutrients and calories to promote a healthy body. Even, if you feel fine for the moment, I'm not too sure that you'll be able to follow this kind of a diet in the long term.

BTW what is honey and chia ? Is it an instant breakfast cereal ?

I'll work toward more calorie dense foods once I get to my goal weight. But will always count calories and stick to a calorie budget. I will find a formula to maintain, and stick to it indefinitely. At this point I'm thinking it's not really about eating MORE, it's mainly what I'm eating. Things that I'm eating now are just naturally low calorie. The thing is before I was eating enough food for four or five people in a sitting. I've worked hard to train myself to eat between 0.5 - 1.5 servings as suggested on packaging depending on what it is.

And to answer your question, it's honey, almond, and chia seed granola cereal by Cascadian Farms.

I'll work toward more calorie dense foods once I get to my goal weight. But will always count calories and stick to a calorie budget. I will find a formula to maintain, and stick to it indefinitely. At this point I'm thinking it's not really about eating MORE, it's mainly what I'm eating. Things that I'm eating now are just naturally low calorie. The thing is before I was eating enough food for four or five people in a sitting. I've worked hard to train myself to eat between 0.5 - 1.5 servings as suggested on packaging depending on what it is.

And to answer your question, it's honey, almond, and chia seed granola cereal by Cascadian Farms.

I agree that the quality and nutrients that you eat is important.

There is a huge difference between eating a quantity of food for 5 and a 1000 calories. This amount of calories is given to
a 60 year old woman who doesn't have an active life and who wishes to lose weight.

I still think that you need far more calories but you are the boss.:p

Hey, everybody!
I have the same goals as last month: 5 to 6 days of cardio;
48 ounces of water a day;
Watch the white carbs (I did not do that great in this department last month, haha);
Get at least 7 hours of sleep (this, as always, is a work in progress).

I'm happy with my exercise performance and water intake last month. The work challenge and the Fitbit definitely helped motivate me. I'm going to keep shooting for 12,500 steps a day even when the challenge ends. I didn't lose any weight (I would like to drop 3 or 4 pounds), but my clothes are definitely fitting better, which I attribute to not slacking on exercising, so I will take it. :)

Happy healthy pursuits, everyone. And keep up the great work. Y'all are going wonderfully. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
I increased my speed today, from 4.2mph up to 4.5mph... Damn what a difference, what a challenge that was. I hope it gets easier tomorrow. That work out burned 388 calories, though. I think I'll be good to have a beer or two today :)

Reactions: PTree15
I bought myself a present... a new fitbit :) I was toying with the idea of getting one of the upgraded ones that does heart rate, and then I found the Surge, at £63 off the RRP with 5% cashback. Couldn't help myself :p

Really interested to see what kind of data it gives for my CrossFit sessions!

August is off to a great start for exercise. :) Today I did a good 4 miles in my neighborhood before work (my walking buddy is away on vacation, so I'm going solo).

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
I love my new fitbit! :D

Here's the data from today's (relatively mild) CrossFit session:

IMG_1252.png

This was mostly bench presses, running, pull ups, and press ups. What's interesting is that I'm apparently still in the "fat burn" zone 2 hours after we finished... can't wait to see what a difficult session does to me!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I am loving my Fitbit as well. I love looking at the weekly stats and the breakdown of my heart rate and exercise type. It registered my rocking-out session last week as "sport." LOL!

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
Status
Not open for further replies.