August Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are cracking me up! I agree with AF, sometimes, you just have to go for it and eat what you want. I find that if I get in one of those moods and I don't eat what I want, I will eat every other morsel in the house, which in the end won't satisfy me and will just aggravate me because I wasted a whole bunch of calories on food I didn't really want. Mostly this has to do with either potato chips or french fries, lol.

I got up early and did four miles this morning, wahooooo! It was absolutely beautiful out, too, which was a bonus.

CrossFit was really hard today - my heart rate graph is a lot more orange than last time :p The main part was an "every minute on the minute" for 16 minutes, where you alternated between 60 skips with a rope and 10 'power snatches' with a weight bar. The only rest was whatever you had left of each minute (which was about 5 seconds if anything for me). Nobody finished it. I got 6 rounds in, stopped for two, then completed the last 8, which I think is pretty good going.

Also, I got myself some new trainers yesterday - proper all-round workout ones (and all synthetic materials of course). they're so comfy! :)

Just finish week 10 of the 10k trainer... I have to say that my heart/lungs are ready for week 11 and beyond... I'm not getting winded like I did as recent as a week or two ago :) :woo:

Well firstly, caffeine hates me... I haven't had my run yet because iced coffee did a real number on me. So I'm getting a late start today, but once I do get going, today is an increase day... From three 15 minute runs, to three 17 minute runs. An actual 60 minute run is getting closer and closer to being a reality.

Reactions: PTree15
I so miss running. I used to run back in the day, but my bum knee will not allow it anymore.
You are doing awesome, Jeremy!

Today I did a Leslie Sansone power walk video (4 miles, woot-woot!), as the weather was icky (hot, sticky, humid, cloudy, blaaaaah). It's going to rain all day, so I won't get in as many steps at work as I usually do (sometimes I walk around outside our building just to get the blood flowing after sitting for a while).

I went to CrossFit, despite being massively hungover (thanks, happy hour). Got there, took one look at the white board with the day's work out on, saw all the people from the previous session lying on the ground, and wished I'd stayed in bed :p But, I downed an energy drink and did it anyway.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I went to CrossFit, despite being massively hungover (thanks, happy hour). Got there, took one look at the white board with the day's work out on, saw all the people from the previous session lying on the ground, and wished I'd stayed in bed :p But, I downed an energy drink and did it anyway.

Ugh, being hungover pretty much assures I take the day off. I can't imagine working out through that. These days it only takes just a little more than a moderate buzz to make me feel hungover the next day... Maybe I'm getting old? :p

Another 51 minute run down, one to go before upping it to 54 minutes. As much as I'd love to run at least 5 or 6 days a week the more time I add on the more my hips and thigh area screams no you must do every other day... NOT happy about that!

So what I've decided to do, is go ahead and do treadmill 6 days a week, but not necessarily work with the 10k trainer every day. I'll run a day or two, then do an hour 4mph walk with moderate incline on the days that I know an actual run would be too much for the legs. That burns almost as many calories as the running.

Watching the Olympics is making me feel so lazy!:p

I'm going to try and exercise for 30 minutes every day this week.

Edited - I did 30 minutes today. I had to put the fan on full blast opposite my mini-trampoline, half the time jogging and the other half jumping.:D

Last edited:
I'm feeling so virtuous after finally exercising properly today.:p It's hot this week so I am going to exercise every morning while it's cooler. I wish I could do the exercise in my garden but it is so overlooked. I ordered kale, berries and bananas to make smoothies. :angel:

I walked for 30 minutes; I did pick up the pace a little. I am no match for Jeremy or any one else! :D

It seems like you are doing very well.:)

Well my hayfever has eased off a lot so I guess there's no excuse not to restart the Sunday morning runs. Haha. I really don't like being this much heavier, even though the majority of the weight is muscle. Just prefer being that half a stone lighter....it's a really big difference. So running will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.