August Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit day 2 of week 9 with the speed increase was an exhausting ordeal and it was a bit discouraging. But today went so much better. I regained the bit of confidence that I lost and feel like I'm ready for week 10, which will be three 15 minute runs rather than four 10 minute runs. I know one thing, this burns a ton of calories.

A couple more screenshots from my fitbit app today:

IMG_1256.png
IMG_1257.png

Overview of the day's general activity and heartrate (the little gap is where I took it off to shower - it's water resistant but I'm not taking my chances!).

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Nice, Aery! You got me beat big time but not to shabby for an old lady. [emoji38]
b81d6da82899aafecb5fe4df5753805c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to lol at the "pounds" on my Fitbit. It hasn't budged since I got it. I don't track calories and haven't weighed myself in over a week...I'm scared, haha. But I'm not in weight mode right now. I'm trying to concentrate on just staying active.

So our challenge ended yesterday, and I managed to stay in the top 20 (14th place!). I'm really psyched that I took off maybe three or four days total out of six weeks. I did some sort of activity almost every day. I'm going to try to keep that up. I did take this morning off, though, because I was driving back from the beach in Rhode Island. I will get a walk in after work, though, as it's a beautiful day. :)

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
Today was weigh in day and I lost 1.4 pounds! Yay! I am feeling lazy though and don't feel like walking on the treadmill.
Congrats, Chryssie. You and Jeremy are doing so great! And a day off is a good thing sometimes. The body does need a rest once in a while. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Thanks! I am really proud of Jer! He has really been dedicated and it has paid off. I am not near as motivated as I don't have much to lose. I am close to my goal but the challenge for me will be the maintenance.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Maintenance is so hard. [emoji20]

I'm too much of a grazer/snacker. If I were able to stick to three meals a day, with a piece of fruit in between, like I did when I was being strict on WW, I'd be fine. It's just so freakin boring having to pay attention to every single thing I put in my mouth. I want to be able to eat normal...normal for me, which does not include eating everything bland with nothing on it, damn it! Lol

I was good today and didn't eat the way I wanted to so I'm a little cranky...can you tell? [emoji38]

I'm ashamed to admit that Chryssie and I ate a whole large thin crust pizza from Domino's earlier lol... I don't think we've done anything like that since May at least :D Wouldn't have been so bad had I ran the 4.25 miles... Oh well, tomorrow is another day lol.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Hahaha...awesome!

One treat is not going to undo months of hard work! I promise. Sometimes, you just have to say "f*ck it" and eat the whole pizza ;)

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.