August Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't managed 30 minutes a day, but I've averaged about 20 minutes exercise a day so far in 6 days. I started doing a 10 minute jog or bounce on the trampoline first thing in the morning before I've had breakfast or a shower.

I want to buy a new Pro Urban rebounder trampoline as they have folding legs so they are easier to store.

I haven't managed 30 minutes a day, but I've averaged about 20 minutes exercise a day so far in 6 days. I started doing a 10 minute jog or bounce on the trampoline first thing in the morning before I've had breakfast or a shower.

I want to buy a new Pro Urban rebounder trampoline as they have folding legs so they are easier to store.
I've been doing trampoline on and off (mostly off, lately, lol) for years. I'm on my second one. I love it. I'm hoping to start up once the weather turns cold on days when I can't walk outside. I usually do it to music and it's really easy on my knees. When my current one breaks I definitely need one with the folding legs. It's annoying to have to keep relocating this one to get it out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PTree15
I've been doing trampoline on and off (mostly off, lately, lol) for years. I'm on my second one. I love it. I'm hoping to start up once the weather turns cold on days when I can't walk outside. I usually do it to music and it's really easy on my knees. When my current one breaks I definitely need one with the folding legs. It's annoying to have to keep relocating this one to get it out of the way.

Yes, I have had about 5 or so trampolines over the years, I think I started using it about 12 years ago now, but I have had a huge break from it over the last few years.:D I used to listen to music, but I think now I might switch to podcasts as it can get boring. I wish I had a bigger garden so I could use it outside. My garden is really overlooked as well so I don't want to look like an idiot in front of all my neighbours!:blush:

Reactions: KLS52
Today is going to be fun... 30 minutes running, 1 minute walking, x2... 75 minutes on the treadmill for a grand total of 555 calories burned. The most I've ever burned in a session. Now I just got to get motivated to get it done :)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Started counting WW points again...down two pounds in 8 days. Amazing how well it works when you stick to the plan.

I'm looking at some down time I'm afraid. The 'ol back isn't doing that great after yesterday's run... I'm thinking I'm looking at at least two days off.

You guys are doing so well! Way to go!

Jeremy, I hope your back gets better soon. Back issues are so annoying and can sometimes take a bit to improve. You will be back at it before you know it.

I've had a few days of inactivity, mostly due to hanging out with friends who aren't that active, lol. In their defense, one has health issues, so she really can't do a lot of walking. I did rock out hard to Metallica on Saturday, though, and my Fitbit registered over 14,000 steps, lol. Yahoo for arm-swinging ;).

So yesterday and today we did our 5k walk at work. Today was a bit slower because my friend wasn't feeling 100 percent, but we still got it done. Back on track for sure! The weather has been outstanding for walking, I must say.

Two days now of sustained 60 minute runs. The next phase is to work on increasing my speed to make it a true one hour 10k. Today I increased from 13:20 miles, to 12 minute miles and that felt pretty good up until about the last 10 minutes. Nothing quite like the feeling of pushing yourself to keep going and improve.

Glad you are feeling better, Jeremy!
Yesterday I ended up doing a less intense walk at a mall with my friend because I had overslept and missed my morning workout. Today was much better. Did my 5k walk. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
Glad you are feeling better, Jeremy!
Yesterday I ended up doing a less intense walk at a mall with my friend because I had overslept and missed my morning workout. Today was much better. Did my 5k walk. :)

How long does it take you to walk 5 k ?

I haven't been able to do as much as I wanted this week as it has been too hot here.:pout: There were two days where I didn't do anything at all.

I did 145 minutes of exercise last week and I'm up to 115 minutes so far this week, so I should be able to at least do the same amount as last week as I have the weekend left.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Weigh in day... Whoa, I lost 3.6lbs this week.

Despite some leg soreness I'm still debating as to whether or not to run today since we're dining out and opening a high ABV/calorie beer after. (Chryssie and I's anniversary)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.