Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had oatmeal and frozen heated raspberries. My bowls of oatmeal are huge, usually two cups cooked oatmeal, and usually I'll have a cup of fresh or frozen fruit with it when I have this meal for breakfast.
I do the same and was wondering if nuking the berries destroys some of the nutritional benefit as l am sure the process of freezing may do also?

I had my usual bowl of steel cut oatmeal, with some berries and hemp hearts.

Reactions: ski
Avocado on a slice of 12 grain bread and three slices of light life bacon.

Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Rinse down with water.

Black coffee with cinnamon.

Then, I usually have 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with some chopped walnuts, dried or fresh fruit, some pumpkin seeds, a little maple syrup and flaxseed. On occasion I add some granola that doesnt contain honey.

As an alternative, I have a slice of low glycemic Ezekiel bread toasted with almond butter and banana slices. Sometimes sprinkle protein powder if I’m going for a hike.

I always add liquid D3 to my breakfast as well.

When the weather warms up, I’ll make morning smoothies...

I’m a newbie, so open to any feedback or suggestions!

Tofurky polish sausage, lightlife bacon, 12 grain toast with earth balance and tofu scrambled with seasonings and miso with fresh spinach.

Breakfast for me at the moment is a lovely cup of Genmaicha tea. I will have to make some oatmeal this morning. I usually make enough for 3-4 days to feed my lazy buttz. I make a pretty filling breakfast from that. It gets topped with various fruits. Sometimes berries, mango, papaya, bananas, etc., then some ground flax or hemp hearts really bulk it up. Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, sometimes I put a wee bit of maple syrup, and sometimes I don't. I like a bit of soy milk in mine.

@amberfunk
My experience with Tofurkey was not good. I don't usually do a lot of processed stuff like this, because I usually find them sadly disappointing, and of course they are not as nutritious. However, like a lot of us vegans, I like to enjoy something as a treat once in a while.

Anyways, my first experience with Tofurkey was an actual Tofurkey. Both myself and my gf thought it was disgusting. Even the weird little jerky-like wishbone was disgusting. I have never touched a Tofurkey product since. Please tell me I'm wrong about their other products? Are the sausages good, in comparison to their signature product?

btw, I've tried Field Roast Italian sausages, and liked those ok. That Tofurkey name that scared me off. *laughs*

They don't sell whole turkeys made from tofu by me. I've only seen one that you had to order online and it wasn't by tofurky. I like their sausages especially the kielbasa and italian. I also like their sandwich slices. I've only tried field roast mushroom deli slices and their corndogs more recently. I think it's over priced.

Reactions: Veganite
Well, the Tofurkeys here where I live are only available around Christmas and Thanksgiving, otherwise they're not here either. I made the mistake of trying one for my last Thanksgiving. I didn't make the same mistake for Christmas. Gardein has a wonderful mock turkey roll...sort of like a cordon bleu, but stuffed with a tradional dressing. It was amazing, compared to that Tofurky experience.

Field Roast here is also over-priced, but so is Tofurkey's products. We get gouged for being vegan/vegetarians. However, I might give Tofurkey's other products another chance. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome Veganite :)

Having avocado and scrambled tofu on pita this morning. Considering adding some mushrooms to it as well.

Reactions: hopeful
I made some mini almond pound cakes a few days ago. I have two of them. Even out of the freezer, they are so good. I got a cookbook by Isa someone (I don't have to cookbook in front of me). She is amazing. I am a big fan of these pound cakes.

Amberfunk - Your breakfast sounds so good! I hope you went for the mushrooms!

Had avocado toast, kashi blueberry waffle and orange juice.

I had leftover garlic and olive pizza, as well as two mini almond poundcake cupcakes.

Had a huge bowl of steel cut oatmeal, topped with fresh mango, papaya, and my usual scoop of ground flax.

Status
Not open for further replies.