Nutrition & Diet "But where do you get your protein?"

I wouldn't sprinkle some onto a spoon and call it a day, but basil (and everything else I listed) contains protein.

So, what are good applications that you use for tracking your food intake?

I am totally overjoyed - have just seen that Nutridiary :: Free Online Diet Diary seems to be back (did not work for some time), so might start tracking my meals there again... I really liked that one, as it had a lot of meals already there and setting up a meal was quite easy.

Best regards,
Andy

I use Sparkpeople. It syncs with the Fitbit app quite nicely, which then graphs my calories eaten vs. burned.

Last edited:
I use Sparkpeople as well. I think I want a Fitbit. I like the idea of tracking steps and mileage.

I don't worry about protien. Calcium and iron, on the other hand. :/ Although I eat a lot of spinach. I sometimes get white spots on my fingernails, which is supposed to be a sign of calcium deficiency

I sometimes get white spots on my fingernails, which is supposed to be a sign of calcium deficiency
Q
Worried about White Spots on Fingernails?
I sometimes get white spots on my fingernails. I've been told that they're a sign of a calcium deficiency, but I get plenty of calcium from my diet, and I do take a supplement every day. What causes the spots?

A
Answer
The spots you notice are not caused by a calcium deficiency. They're called "leukonychia" and are very common. Most of the time the white spots simply are a sign of some past injury to the matrix (base) of your nails. By the time the white spot shows up (about six weeks after the injury) you've probably forgotten all about banging or knocking your fingers. Sometimes, the injury can stem from a manicure that put excessive pressure on the base of the nails. The spots also can be a sign of an allergic reaction to nail polish or nail hardeners and, sometimes, are a symptom of a mild infection.
Worried About White Spots on Fingernails? - Ask Dr. Weil

nails are made from keratin, so I don't think there is any calcium in the nails.

What Are the 5 Chemical Elements in Keratin?

Keratin refers not to one particular substance but to a family of tough, fibrous proteins found in the animal kingdom. Keratin is present in hair, horn, hooves, beaks, shells, fingernails, toenails, and claws. All proteins contain carbon (C), hydrogen (H), nitrogen (N), and oxygen (O). One of the proteins found in keratin is cysteine. Cysteine contains the fifth element, sulfur (S).

Read more : What Are the 5 Chemical Elements in Keratin? | eHow

These:

flavor_group_small_teriyaki.jpg

11g of protein per bar. Om nom nom.

Back