Communal Cook-Fest!

OK, we are making a few things today with what is around the house, I didn't quite make the store this morning!

My son and his wife will make a soup, me some butternut squash, we also will make stuffed green peppers: the short grain brown rice for them is in the rice cooker, two big butternut squash are baking with chopped onions, mcintosh apples, black sesame seeds, some cinnamon and a couple other spices (son did this) in the holes of the halved squashes.

We will roast the squash seeds later with some of the taco spices that we are putting in the stuffed peppers. I also have some nice yellow summer squash on the verge of going bad (florida lol) so will slice lengthwise and bake with some tomato salsa on top. Since the oven is on anyway! Not sure what soup is planned, I know green cabbage plays a role lol. Possibly plain coconut yogurt as I saw that in the fridge.

Oh dear I can't upload the photo, the file is too big. Well, picture in your minds a fairly dark photo, shot into the oven with the 4 squash halves on a tray cooking. :)
Damn, that all sounds killer!! :up:

OK, pics from yesterday, as promised.... (wish my house wasn't so damn dark :|)

The pot of completed Italian Vegetable & Gnocchi Soup....
VegSoup.jpg

The sun-dried tomato/artichoke bruschetta-esque filling....
BruschDip.jpg

The making of the bruschetta-filled crescent cups....
BruschCup1.jpg

And about five minutes after I got to Jerry's he said, "I'm hungry, got any soup?" Well, duh! :p I fixed him this....
Jer'sMeal.jpg

I have one more tube of crescent dough, so I'll bake eight more cups now, and then I guess I'm done! :shrug: LOL

Note to self: Do NOT take crescent roll dough out of fridge in advance... it's FAR easier to work with when cold. LOL :confused:

OK, pics from yesterday, as promised.... (wish my house wasn't so damn dark :|)

The pot of completed Italian Vegetable & Gnocchi Soup....
View attachment 10788

The sun-dried tomato/artichoke bruschetta-esque filling....
View attachment 10789

The making of the bruschetta-filled crescent cups....
View attachment 10790

And about five minutes after I got to Jerry's he said, "I'm hungry, got any soup?" Well, duh! :p I fixed him this....
View attachment 10791

I have one more tube of crescent dough, so I'll bake eight more cups now, and then I guess I'm done! :shrug: LOL
Amazing! Well done!

Reactions: ledboots
It was just very bland and tasteless. I actually followed the recipe to the letter as well, instead of just disregarding the recipe and throwing in random ingredients.
That sounds like something I'd say! I rarely follow recipes and they usually aren't that good when I do. I remember reading the recipe and it sounded good! Peanutty right?
Don't add too much cumin or i won't like it, a good curry powder might be enough to fix it, does it have enough heat or garlic?

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
That sounds like something I'd say! I rarely follow recipes and they usually aren't that good when I do. I remember reading the recipe and it sounded good! Peanutty right?
Don't add too much cumin or i won't like it, a good curry powder might be enough to fix it, does it have enough heat or garlic?
I would put in peanut butter and something spicy

My two year old decided to pull up a chair and help me bake this morning. I love that she loves to help! <3We made cornbread muffins and blueberry cornbread. Both are vegan and wheat-free. I also made leek potato soup, basically just leeks and potatoes, water, plus some salt and a bit of earth balance for taste. That choice was made based on what ingredients I had in the house. I had a very tasty lunch!

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Marvelous!! :jump:

I know I've mentioned a few times before how I'm not really a fan of munchkins.... but what an absolute DOLL she is!!! :smitten:
I hope the two of you had a brilliant time of it! :)

I'm going to make my soup tomorrow since I have the day off. I still have barley soup left so I had some of that today and froze the rest.

I have black beans that I want to use up so I'm going to google a recipe using black beans.

My two year old decided to pull up a chair and help me bake this morning. I love that she loves to help! <3We made cornbread muffins and blueberry cornbread. Both are vegan and wheat-free. I also made leek potato soup, basically just leeks and potatoes, water, plus some salt and a bit of earth balance for taste. That choice was made based on what ingredients I had in the house. I had a very tasty lunch!

View attachment 10796 View attachment 10797
View attachment 10798
View attachment 10799

What a sweet little girl.:smitten:

Reactions: Jinga
I ended up making a soup but not using a recipe. I made potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower so I blended some with vegetable broth and made a thick creamy soup to which I added some Daiya shreds. It was pretty tasty even though it was green from the broccoli, haha.
IMG_1914.JPG

I don't know why I have so much trouble posting photos sometimes.

I ended up making a soup but not using a recipe. I made potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower so I blended some with vegetable broth and made a thick creamy soup to which I added some Daiya shreds. It was pretty tasty even though it was green from the broccoli, haha.
View attachment 10805

Soup looks delicious :) !

Just catching up on this thread.. all the soups, baking, bruschetta cups :) all look so nice.

Alas, my weekend extended into Monday, so I didn't get home in time to make my soup and scones. I will make it later this week, though, and post photos. :) Everything in here looks so great!

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52