Cooking Disasters Thread

I made the discovery that spaghetti squash does NOT reheat well in the microwave if it's frozen. It basically turns into a watery mushy mess. I read that it is supposed to freeze well. Maybe it does if it thaws out at room temperature?:shrug:

Reactions: SummerRain
The only big cooking disaster I had was the first time I tried to make seitan. I used a recipe that warned to use a lot of aluminum foil and to wrap it tightly before baking. I guess I didn't use enough foil because mine exploded and the force was so great that it blew the oven door wide open. I had to scrape the inside of the oven because bits of it were everywhere. Since then, I have made it several times without incident.

Reactions: KLS52
I baked my tofu way too long . Now I have some sort of tofu bacon/tofu jerky hybrid which is cool and all, but I was really hoping for some less crispy and thicker tofu.

Reactions: SummerRain
That actually sounds good but I get that it wasn't what you were going for.

The only big cooking disaster I had was the first time I tried to make seitan. I used a recipe that warned to use a lot of aluminum foil and to wrap it tightly before baking. I guess I didn't use enough foil because mine exploded and the force was so great that it blew the oven door wide open. I had to scrape the inside of the oven because bits of it were everywhere. Since then, I have made it several times without incident.

Wow! Sounds dangerous :eek: