Crockapalooza (July 28-31, 2016)

I need to do something with my lentil/quinoa taco filling leftovers!! And I've gotta lay off the crunchy sh*t until after my dental appointment. Were it not for New Vegan's post about sandwiches, I may not have been reminded of what I thought last night.... MAKE LENTIL/QUINOA FALAFEL!! :D It's already loaded with cumin, it's nice & mushy now, I've got that "fresh" cilantro I didn't know what to use in.... Hell, yeah!

Yay, no waste!! :jump:

You could add some tomato pasta, onions and garlic and make a sauce to go over spaghetti or eat as a stew/soup.

Reactions: Freesia
You could add some tomato pasta, onions and garlic and make a sauce to go over spaghetti or eat as a stew/soup.
I did that already with the leftover dry red lentils & roasted garlic & roasted red bell pepper & diced tomatoes.... big batch.... still workin' on it, actually.... LOL

Reactions: Freesia
My laziest thing I do with leftovers is freeze it in meal sized portions, and then when i have nothing to have for lunch or dinner I defrost it and then have it on toast.

Reactions: PTree15
My laziest thing I do with leftovers is freeze it in meal sized portions, and then when i have nothing to have for lunch or dinner I defrost it and then have it on toast.

:yes: Most things taste better with toast.

I wish I could get a video of Bratt when he tries to eat my food...he practically climbs my arm to try and reach what's in my hand, lol. Then Joon comes in from the other side and they tag team me, lol.

They remind me of their pal on this side of the pond ; when I try and eat my meal, I have 2 huge bulging eyes virtually in my plate. She thinks that my food is better than hers even though I give her the same vegetables.

Gorgeous pets !!!!
I could understand why my rabbits bugged me when they saw me preparing some food, but I honestly think that with my cats, the thing was: "I want some of DADDY'S food!" Although, on second thought, Crystal and Harriet were the only two who did that- Peasant, Ambrose, Patches, Ripkin, Riley, and Phillip were content with their own. On the other hand, my rabbit Franz used to try to steal a portion of Hans' food, even though I put down plenty for them both and gave them the same type of food.

But Crystal was bold, even though she was so sweet-tempered with me and the other animals: once I was sitting eating some muesli and she pawed at the bowl to try and get some; another time she grabbed at a piece of bread when I was preparing to toast it. And it wasn't like she didn't get enough to eat. She didn't try to get my vegetables and fruit, and didn't seem to care for rice or pasta- maybe she really did like oats and bread.

Reactions: KLS52
I could understand why my rabbits bugged me when they saw me preparing some food, but I honestly think that with my cats, the thing was: "I want some of DADDY'S food!" Although, on second thought, Crystal and Harriet were the only two who did that- Peasant, Ambrose, Patches, Ripkin, Riley, and Phillip were content with their own. On the other hand, my rabbit Franz used to try to steal a portion of Hans' food, even though I put down plenty for them both and gave them the same type of food.

But Crystal was bold, even though she was so sweet-tempered with me and the other animals: once I was sitting eating some muesli and she pawed at the bowl to try and get some; another time she grabbed at a piece of bread when I was preparing to toast it. And it wasn't like she didn't get enough to eat. She didn't try to get my vegetables and fruit, and didn't seem to care for rice or pasta- maybe she really did like oats and bread.
Hans and Franz.... heeheeheehee, hilarious. :lol: