Crockapalooza (July 28-31, 2016)

Ok, I was having a hard time adding pictures to an existing post so here they are from start to finish.
What a magical transformation!! Awesome pics! Oh, man, I used to love pulled pork sammiches... especially the ones in the Memphis blues clubs, OMG... and I could have sworn those were pics of the real thing. LOL

Last edited:
MadamSarcastra... looks like you had a great little leftover taco party. Your dad looks pleased with them. :)

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Mel, those look great, I have long been curious about jackfruit and what it would be like to cook with it. They really do have an interesting texture. :)

The greenhouse in town which has a jackfruit tree- now I know that is theft but I have often had an irrational urge to steal the jackfruits. Not that I will ever do that. They are spiky anyway.

Reactions: KLS52
MadamSarcastra... looks like you had a great little leftover taco party. Your dad looks pleased with them. :)
I still have a LOT of taco filling left & many shells... still have salsa & cheeses... but my toofies need non-crunchy stuff, Jerry's got his own sh*t right now, my folks go out to dinner every single night & they're both wrapped up with the crap with the kids down at the theatre the next two days (so no lunches at home)....

I can freeze the taco filling... I know for sure that all the cheeses will eventually be used in something... I can chuck the last of the lettuce & not feel a damn thing about it (I often toss produce refuse under the canopy of the huge pine tree in hopes it and/or the local wildlife can benefit)... my dad will most likely finish off the salsa with the corn chips (he's a snacker, too)... the taco shells can be stored & easily crisped up when needed.... Yeah, it'll be OK. :zen:

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia
I found jackfruit in Whole Foods. I'm so annoyed with myself because I bought it just before I was going away in April. I didn't get to use it before I went and when I got back, it ended up behind something and I forgot about so it ended up in the trash. What a waste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to do something with my lentil/quinoa taco filling leftovers!! And I've gotta lay off the crunchy sh*t until after my dental appointment. Were it not for New Vegan's post about sandwiches, I may not have been reminded of what I thought last night.... MAKE LENTIL/QUINOA FALAFEL!! :D It's already loaded with cumin, it's nice & mushy now, I've got that "fresh" cilantro I didn't know what to use in.... Hell, yeah!

Yay, no waste!! :jump:

That sounds like a good idea.. I often freeze meal sized portions of leftovers too.. but falafels are even better. :)

Moll that meal idea sounds awesome, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

One pot too... always a good thing, for dishes anyway.

I've never even tried jackfruit.

I think I will make this One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta | Yup, It's Vegan! today, with some steamed broccoli.:)
I tried that with cashew milk and Better than Boullion no chicken broth! Really good.
Does anyone know the pasta noodles that look like teeny ruffled lasagna sheets? I want to say 'mafala'? I was thinking those would work perfectly. I broke my linguine for the pan

Mafalde?
f02d74a7287fde2a04f6e1721852e87f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good idea.. I often freeze meal sized portions of leftovers too.. but falafels are even better. :)
Still too mushy. Test-baked four small ones in Jer's toaster oven last night.... meh. I'll still eat 'em... just meh. LOL :p

I think I should actually blend that mix up a bit today & try again. They sure smelled good!! :)

It is hard to know what to do with them. You could always have it as a dip or sandwich filling.