Crockapalooza (July 28-31, 2016)

I wish I could get a video of Bratt when he tries to eat my food...he practically climbs my arm to try and reach what's in my hand, lol. Then Joon comes in from the other side and they tag team me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Freesia
My grocery shopping just arrived so I'm about to start cooking. :)

I'm modifying the recipe slightly so I'm using olive oil, passata, curry powder, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, veg stock, garlic, onion, yellow bell pepper, peas, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, black beans, coconut milk and coriander.

giphy.gif

I wish I could get a video of Bratt when he tries to eat my food...he practically climbs my arm to try and reach what's in my hand, lol. Then Joon comes in from the other side and they tag team me, lol.

We all know that you don't feed them.:D

We all know that you don't feed them.:D
Oh yes, that is very true. :yes: You can tell by their emaciated appearance, hahahahaha.
517d234348181d79c7e1bd4c7c9ef156.png

I have been trying desperately to get them to lose weight. It's happening, ever so slowly...an ounce or two a week. But then we have a bad weekend which quickly makes us lose ground. It's so much easier when I'm at work and don't have to listen to their incessant meowing.

Reactions: Chryssie
Oh yes, that is very true. :yes: You can tell by their emaciated appearance, hahahahaha.

I have been trying desperately to get them to lose weight. It's happening, ever so slowly...an ounce or two a week. But then we have a bad weekend which quickly makes us lose ground. It's so much easier when I'm at work and don't have to listen to their incessant meowing.

They remind me of their pal on this side of the pond ; when I try and eat my meal, I have 2 huge bulging eyes virtually in my plate. She thinks that my food is better than hers even though I give her the same vegetables.

Gorgeous pets !!!!

It came out more like a soup, but I already made the rice yesterday so I just had it with rice. Meh, I'm not fussy.:p I'm definitely going to make it again. I think the peanut sauce would be nice with vegan chicken pieces.

20160730_133639_zpsjtnulws5.jpg

I was going to make some shortbread biscuits as well as I have a tub of margarine I need to use up.:) I might do it tomorrow.

Awesome presentation...looks great!

It came out more like a soup, but I already made the rice yesterday so I just had it with rice. Meh, I'm not fussy.:p I'm definitely going to make it again. I think the peanut sauce would be nice with vegan chicken pieces.

20160730_133639_zpsjtnulws5.jpg

I was going to make some shortbread biscuits as well as I have a tub of margarine I need to use up.:) I might do it tomorrow.

That looks delicious, Moll... it kind of reminds me of Tikka Masala.. though I know that it is thai red curry. :)

Reactions: MadamSarcastra

They have their arms around each other!
:smitten::kitty:

I will try to find a recipe tonight and get the food for it tomorrow, and then cooking it on Monday (or tomorrow if I end up not meeting up with my friend).

Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
Ok, so I will put the photos up now...

Firstly, there are the things that came into play on Wednesday.

The oven...

cpl1_zpsv9yer7in.jpg

The vegetables...

cpl2_zpswyym3mrz.jpg

The tofu..

cpl3_zpsb4ckysgm.jpg

The fried tofu, and toasted pine nuts..

cpl4_zpszad51vu0.jpg

The accomplices...

cpl5_zpsrvusoigx.jpg

cpl6_zpso1nnjizl.jpg

Then, it was all put together somehow. It wasnt easy, quite a bit of prep- chopping all those vegetables into little cubes and then making the liquidy tomato stock... putting the spices in.. tbh it came out a little bland, but the garnishes helped..
Also, I overbought... so I had difficulty fitting it in the baking dish.

cpl7_zps9iek7nre.jpg

Finally it was ready to take out of the oven...

cpl8_zpsgqybyl1m.jpg

Served, with the garnishes... chopped green olives, toasted pine nuts, avocado pieces, fried tofu cubes, and flat leaf parsley.

cpl9_zpshjvx9jmh.jpg

cpl99_zpswhllxrvx.jpg

Probably went a little overboard with the prettying it up.. I think I have been watching too many cooking programs.
OMG, Freesia, all your pics look AMAZING!!! :jump: You put in a TON of work & everything turned out GORGEOUS!! :smitten:

Well!! :) I have returned home. I rode with Jerry to the store yesterday... he had to pick up Mojo's favorite FreshPet food & treats... and I was able to get beer & salsa. LOL :rolleyes: I was so happy to see the Newman's Own salsa... after looking at labels & seeing 200, 270, 300+ milligrams of sodium for 2 freaking tablespoons... this stuff had only 65mg! It's quite tasty, all natural, AND all profits go to charity! YAY!

Anyhoodley-doodle, the lentil/quinoa taco filling only took about 4-5 hours, instead of 7-8.... I thought it was gonna be too mushy, but I let it sit & cool down just a bit with the cover off, that seemed to help. Instead of the 1/4 cup each of dry ingredients, I added about a 1/2 cup each of brown lentils, red lentils, & quinoa.... 3 cups of low-sodium veggie broth (instead of 2)... and when it needed more liquid, I just added beer. :p Also added chopped onion & roasted garlic/roasted jalapenos.

I suggested Jerry pick a couple things for sides... he chose Zatarain's Spanish Rice & a big can of refried beans. (I didn't partake of either due to high sodium in the rice & lard in the beans. :yuck: LOL)

I only got three pics out of this before the SD card in my phone ran out of memory. :fp: Was gonna take a couple more when I made leftovers for lunch today, but I forgot the damn taco shells at Jerry's house. LMAO :fp: Tasty shells, too... I picked up two boxes... Simple Truth organic yellow AND blue corn. They misbehaved when I was trying to set up the last photo-op for Jer's plate... they kept toppling over and dumping the lettuce & tomatoes out until I was ready to throw a f*cking fit. :mad:

So... three pics that I had to send from my phone to Moco, save them to PC, upload again to FotoFlexer to resize & brighten, REsave & REsend to Moco & REsave to PC again 'cuz for some reason I can only "copy download link" from the little blue download arrow in order to post any pics here. :confused: Sorry these are not more attractive.

But I thought the tacos were SUPER tasty!! :lick: I used GoVeggie "cheese" on the blue corn (for total vegan) & Horizon organic cheese on the yellow (for not. lol).... both were excellent!! I can't wait for leftovers!! And I'll take more pics! :D

photoalbum_498917222_user70471033-1.jpg

photoalbum_498917233_user70471033-1.jpg

From left: Spicy & flavorful lentil/quinoa taco filling, lightly-dried cilantro (tastes like fresh but lasts SO much longer), Newman's Own salsa, Cholula green sauce, Go Veggie cheddar shreds, shredded lettuce, Horizon organic Mexican-style shredded cheese... and a bowl of chopped fresh Roma tomatoes mixed with cilantro.
photoalbum_498917237_user70471033-1.jpg

That's Jerry's plate, above... I was too hungry to take a pic of mine, plus I ate (more like scarfed) standing at the counter in the darkened kitchen 'cuz he had folks over for movie night. That means lights out. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I finished my weekly grocery trip yesterday, and I was looking at recipes to try. I asked my boyfriend for any requests, and he suggested something cajun. I didn't buy anything suitable this time around, but it did get me looking at recipes for next week. I think I will be trying out a crock pot jambalaya. Too bad I didn't plan a week sooner.

OMG, Freesia, all your pics look AMAZING!!! :jump: You put in a TON of work & everything turned out GORGEOUS!! :smitten:

Well thank you :) I like to cook and I also like to be a bit of a photog when I have the chance. :)

It was a learning experience. :)

Well!! :) I have returned home. I rode with Jerry to the store yesterday... he had to pick up Mojo's favorite FreshPet food & treats... and I was able to get beer & salsa. LOL :rolleyes: I was so happy to see the Newman's Own salsa... after looking at labels & seeing 200, 270, 300+ milligrams of sodium for 2 freaking tablespoons... this stuff had only 65mg! It's quite tasty, all natural, AND all profits go to charity! YAY!

Anyhoodley-doodle, the lentil/quinoa taco filling only took about 4-5 hours, instead of 7-8.... I thought it was gonna be too mushy, but I let it sit & cool down just a bit with the cover off, that seemed to help. Instead of the 1/4 cup each of dry ingredients, I added about a 1/2 cup each of brown lentils, red lentils, & quinoa.... 3 cups of low-sodium veggie broth (instead of 2)... and when it needed more liquid, I just added beer. :p Also added chopped onion & roasted garlic/roasted jalapenos.

I suggested Jerry pick a couple things for sides... he chose Zatarain's Spanish Rice & a big can of refried beans. (I didn't partake of either due to high sodium in the rice & lard in the beans. :yuck: LOL)

I only got three pics out of this before the SD card in my phone ran out of memory. :fp: Was gonna take a couple more when I made leftovers for lunch today, but I forgot the damn taco shells at Jerry's house. LMAO :fp: Tasty shells, too... I picked up two boxes... Simple Truth organic yellow AND blue corn. They misbehaved when I was trying to set up the last photo-op for Jer's plate... they kept toppling over and dumping the lettuce & tomatoes out until I was ready to throw a f*cking fit. :mad:

So... three pics that I had to send from my phone to Moco, save them to PC, upload again to FotoFlexer to resize & brighten, REsave & REsend to Moco & REsave to PC again 'cuz for some reason I can only "copy download link" from the little blue download arrow in order to post any pics here. :confused: Sorry these are not more attractive.

But I thought the tacos were SUPER tasty!! :lick: I used GoVeggie "cheese" on the blue corn (for total vegan) & Horizon organic cheese on the yellow (for not. lol).... both were excellent!! I can't wait for leftovers!! And I'll take more pics! :D

photoalbum_498917222_user70471033-1.jpg

photoalbum_498917233_user70471033-1.jpg

From left: Spicy & flavorful lentil/quinoa taco filling, lightly-dried cilantro (tastes like fresh but lasts SO much longer), Newman's Own salsa, Cholula green sauce, Go Veggie cheddar shreds, shredded lettuce, Horizon organic Mexican-style shredded cheese... and a bowl of chopped fresh Roma tomatoes mixed with cilantro.
photoalbum_498917237_user70471033-1.jpg

That's Jerry's plate, above... I was too hungry to take a pic of mine, plus I ate (more like scarfed) standing at the counter in the darkened kitchen 'cuz he had folks over for movie night. That means lights out. LOL

Awesome to see the photos, the tacos look really delicious and spicy .. Ive often thought of making mexican with a lentil filling, I will have to try it.

Was great reading about you and Jer's mini-fiesta. :)

Now I have a craving for mexican food after reading your report. :) Hmm, will have to make some arrangements to have it at some point.

Great job, MadamS!