Debate guidelines /Netiquette Rules Review

OK, does this version have your blessing IS?

FORUM RULES
1. Most of the time, an opposing view is not a personal attack. Tone is very difficult to interpret online. If you believe a post is truly a personal attack, then report it. While the moderators consider your report, you may continue posting in the thread, under the assumption that the post was not a personal attack.
2.Any images posted in the debate forum must be directly relevant to the thread.
3.Do not derail threads. Keep on topic. If a topic brings up another issue, start a new thread.
4.Do not create threads here for the specific purpose of inciting others.
5.Be prepared to support your assertions and arguments with evidence if someone questions your claim. Do not persist in making a claim without supporting it. All unsupported claims can be challenged for supporting evidence.
6.If you quote someone or something, make sure it's clear who or from where you are quoting and also ensure the quoted text is clearly distinguishable from the rest of your post.

ETIQUETTE
1.Use meaningful titles for your threads.
2.Avoid posting “empty” or useless responses, such as ”lol” or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
3.Take advantage of emoticons when appropriate, as needed.
4.Avoid using CAPS excessively.
5.Please try to avoid “wall of text” or “stream of consciousness” posts. Break your thoughts into meaningful paragraphs.
6. Use common sense. This is not a place to vent; it is a place to rationally discuss topics of interest. If you feel yourself getting upset by a comment, then take a step back and post later.

Reactions: Second Summer
Since I am such a good debater and frequent these threads on a regular basis, (sarcasm) I have a question. :p

Are the punishments the same for breaking etiquette as it would be for breaking a rule?

What kind of punishment would someone receive if he or she posted a humorous image in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit?

Put gifs in spoilers if they are considered intrusive then.

And remember, a picture says a thousand words.

Unless you are autistic.

Reactions: Amy SF
I think some people like a bit of tension in a debate. It polarises opinions making it more of a chess game; making the arguments easier to win.

The latest version from beancounter has my blessings. (Of course, these may still change in the future if needed.)

One of the problems with irrelevant images and video is that they can be used as veiled attacks, and these can be especially hard for the moderators to judge. Also, in my view, it's really mostly just off-topic noise in a serious debate. Weighing the potential benefits and drawbacks, to me it seems we're better off without them.