Favourite mushroom

I use cremini (baby portobella) mushrooms and the standard white button ones the most.

Emma JC

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
I love pine mushrooms the best of all I have tried, but it's not likely you will find one in your local grocery. The last time I had one I went out foraging with a former co-worker and an experienced mycologist. He knows where to look, and also how to correctly identify them, which is very important, obviously..

I've gone morel picking in the springtime as well with my friend. Morels are very tasty as well, and love to grow in places where there's been fires, for some reason. We also have an abundance of wild local chanterelles where I live, among many other varieties of edible fungi. Chanterelles are delicious.

I haven't met a mushroom I didn't like :p

I like chanterelles as well, but I had a few instances where there was sand/grit/wood/whatever embedded in them, which dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
Of course my all-time favorite mushroom is the baby peach one.

Also perhaps worth mentioning is that these cartoon mushrooms appear to be Amanita muscaria. Which in my mind suggests that the writers and animators had been eating them.

Morels are my favorite to eat followed by cauliflower and then hedgehogs. I love mushroom hunting here in the Pacific Northwest. We have had a banner fall for mushrooms, the chanterelles were everywhere and are my favorite to hunt. There is no prettier sight than a golden chanterelle in a bed of bright green moss.

Morels are my favorite to eat followed by cauliflower and then hedgehogs. I love mushroom hunting here in the Pacific Northwest. We have had a banner fall for mushrooms, the chanterelles were everywhere and are my favorite to hunt. There is no prettier sight than a golden chanterelle in a bed of bright green moss.

welcome to the forum!

Emma JC

I must admit, mushrooms are awesome!
I often smoke the big king oyster in my smoker, then shred and fry them for a mock pulled pork kind of sandwich. To me I would not want anything that tastes like pork, but the overall appearance and texture are similar.

I also make a pretty darn tasty mushroom bourguignon. There's just so many wonderful things to do with mushrooms.