Favourite mushroom

Morels occasionally can contain insect larvae that drops out during the drying process. Personally, I love their flavour, but that fact is a bit off-putting as a vegan. For that reason Morels should never be eaten raw.

I'm not sure I would call them overrated, but overpriced without a doubt. Luckily, I've picked many wild morels here where I live. I really love them a lot, although they're not always easy to find. Morels have such a unique and distinctive flavour to me, unlike any other fungi I've ever tried. Fresh ones can fetch anywhere from $50-100 per pound.

And you are not alone...I also love porcini mushrooms. However, I've never had the pleasure of eating them fresh. Have you? I've only had dried porcini in various recipes. I often put them or shiitaki in my mushroom bourguignon. They add both great flavour and texture to the stew.

I also love Hedgehogs. They also grow locally. Even though those and chanterelles are both easy to identify, I still go with an experienced forager. Can you tell I like mushrooms yet?
Oho! It turns out, you love smorchkee! Lol, "morels" are our "smorchkee" mushrooms (from the word "smorschennyi" = "shrunken, wrinkled"). I've never tried them, but people who "know the places" [where they grow in abundance], say that it's a "royal fungus", and tastes like no other mushroom.😋

One time, i found a giant puffball mushrrom so big, it was over 11 pounds! I even ended up in the local newspaper for it.

• Wow
Reactions: Val