Firsts- (1st for you or those close to you)....

I have read about cashews, and then went to Trader Joes and bought another bag without thinking :(
I hate when I do that! Like I found those plastic dental flossers for a buck and though "hey I used to buy those to keep at work" and got a pack. Came home and thought, damn, all that plastic waste :fp:
I've been too distracted lately :argh:need meditation or something :zen:

I have read about cashews, and then went to Trader Joes and bought another bag without thinking :(
I hate when I do that! Like I found those plastic dental flossers for a buck and though "hey I used to buy those to keep at work" and got a pack. Came home and thought, damn, all that plastic waste :fp:
I've been too distracted lately :argh:need meditation or something :zen:

When you use traditional floss, you’re still throwing out plastic or whatever is used to make floss, and probably more than you actually use, since people tend to pull out more than they need from the container. So it’s a tradeoff. I use regular floss for my more easily accessible front teeth, and the flosser picks for the rest of my teeth, since I have a small mouth and can’t get my hands in back to do the job properly. Flosser picks are easier to use on my back teeth.

Reactions: Val
When you use traditional floss, you’re still throwing out plastic or whatever is used to make floss, and probably more than you actually use, since people tend to pull out more than they need from the container. So it’s a tradeoff. I use regular floss for my more easily accessible front teeth, and the flosser picks for the rest of my teeth, since I have a small mouth and can’t get my hands in back to do the job properly. Flosser picks are easier to use on my back teeth.
Yeah, you're right about having to use more than needed! They make those holders you add your own floss to I keep meaning to try.

I used half of my remaining cauliflower-cheese sauce (very thick stuff) and doctored it up in an attempt to make a firm cheese from it.... I added more soy milk, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, dill weed, nooch, and a bit more pink salt.... I doctored things up further with a little coconut oil & white wine vinegar, added tapioca starch & agar agar flakes... got everything blended up in the food processor, then heated & whisked in a saucepan until quite thick, then scooped it into a re-purposed flimsy plastic bowl (Kashi) & put it in the fridge. I haven't the foggiest clue if this will pan out. :shrug: Guess I'll have to wait & see.... LOL

FirmCauliCheese 1.JPG

Reactions: Val