Advertisement

For those vegans who do it for the animals

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Sally, May 14, 2018.

1. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hedgewitch

Hedgewitch Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Agreed. Nice share. I've always been the black unsocial sheep. We grow a thick skin or sink basically. All each of us have to worry about is whether we're living our own lives or living to someone else's. We're the first in a growing wave of change. And one person can make a difference.

3. Deleted member 2263

Deleted member 2263 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sadly am in an environment vvhere there is so severe suppression of the indirect and hovv animals experience suffering, that this vvas not my reason.

Not that I vvould step on a plant or kill a fly; though indirectly its not easy to relate to. Impossible this moment.
    I do buy fair trade, recycled and akin only; that enables me to think about indirect consequences and perceive such. I though cannot think about the experience of a being, even novv as I am vegan, at some far avvay place.

-- Regardless of hovv you vievv it all; that is a kind of psychopathy. Not specifically solely a suffering of mine, quite the norm. Or one could label it; having the possibility of unlocking greater empathy and ability of immersement. Something like that; the "psychopathy" is a locked label.