Gardein Holiday Roast

thefadedone

Needs a life
http://www.gardein.com/products.php?t=frozen&p=67

Has anyone tried this? I have yet to see this anywhere, but I was wondering how it compares to Tofurky or Field Roast when it comes to taste, texture, and price.

gardein_HolidayRoast_US218.jpg

I had it for the first time last year. I thought it was better than Tofurky regarding the taste/texture. I can't really remember but I think it was a bit more expensive.

I just saw this on FB as I am a "friend" of Gardein. I am hoping to find it locally. I do enjoy the Tofurky version but Gardein does such an awesome job with their products, I want to try it.

I just saw this on FB as I am a "friend" of Gardein. I am hoping to find it locally. I do enjoy the Tofurky version but Gardein does such an awesome job with their products, I want to try it.

Yup that's how I found it also. I had no clue it existed until then. I also printed out a coupon from their site that I haven't used yet and might use it on this depending on the price.

Haven't seen this in my area yet. I do think we have some of their products in California though. I'll have to check them out. I have to say I do love Field Roast though. Our co-op was carrying the 1/2 roasts which are a great size for me.

Rumor is that this year instead of, or in addition to, Tofurky, Trader Joe's has the Gardein roast, relabeled as Trader Joe's Turkey-less Stuffed Roast with Gravy!
I've seen a photo of the ingredients on Pinterest, and the TJ's has "ancient grains," which is usual for Gardein.

I'm not sure of the price, or how it compares, price-wise, to the Gardein-branded version. (Last year I bought my Tofurky at TJ's and the roast+gravy was $10, compared to $15 (on sale) at Whole Foods.)

I'll be heading to Trader Joe's this weekend (hopefully) to look for this!!

Rumor is that this year instead of, or in addition to, Tofurky, Trader Joe's has the Gardein roast, relabeled as Trader Joe's Turkey-less Stuffed Roast with Gravy!
I've seen a photo of the ingredients on Pinterest, and the TJ's has "ancient grains," which is usual for Gardein.

I'm not sure of the price, or how it compares, price-wise, to the Gardein-branded version. (Last year I bought my Tofurky at TJ's and the roast+gravy was $10, compared to $15 (on sale) at Whole Foods.)

I'll be heading to Trader Joe's this weekend (hopefully) to look for this!!

Lucky you. I love shopping there and picking up the bargains.

I love their check out staff which are all dressed in bermuda shorts during the summer months. :p

Back