Guild Wars 2

K-II

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I don't have much to say about it yet since it hasn't released and I never played the original. Just starting this thread pre-emptively since I bought the game already to get the three day headstart and some random stuff that I don't know what it does. :p

I'm hoping it will be good for people like me since the lack of subscription means I can drop it when I'm busy/bored and just pick up later without worrying about reactivating an account.

My brother has been beta-testing it. He likes it.
I may end up getting it myself since I've lost interest in Diablo III.

The lack of subscription is one thing that I really like about D3, and now GW2. If the Star Wars game was like that, I woulda kept on playing.

Diablo isn't really an MMO though... at best it's just an RPG with a co-op mode. I'm convinced they just made it online-only to be assholes.

Normally in an MMO lag is way less of an issue, since you don't have to do things like manually dodge an attack very much. So for me GW2 has a fair bit more potential there, I'm never near any servers.

Stress test tonight/day apparently, for anyone who might have pre-ordered. Doubt you get to keep anything though, but who knows. From 3 am to 7 am thursday in +8 I think.

My only complaint so far has been the view not zooming to 1st person... makes small spaces extremely irritating.

The world PVP is a nice way to level and get stuff... just follow the blob of players and get in on whatever they're doing, then scram when they lose momentum and start to scatter, because it means they're about to lose. Also, firing turrets at attackers from up a wall somewhere is decent.

I've been playing it a lot again lately, after taking a break to beat borderlands 2. Have a level 71 Necromancer on Tarnished Coast server :)

I've been playing it a lot again lately, after taking a break to beat borderlands 2. Have a level 71 Necromancer on Tarnished Coast server :)

It rerally sucks that you cannot change servers for free...

...you meet other GW2 players, but they almost never are on the same server as you :(