Advertisement

Help becoming vegan but allergic to coconut.

Discussion in 'Transitioning' started by Andie, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Andie

Andie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why do alot of vegan alternative contain coconut. Finding transition difficult due to being allargic to it. It is in everything from vegan face cream and moisturiser to food products. Any advice greatfully recieved. xxx

2. Veganite
    Meh

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Welcome to the forum, Andie.

In my own experience, I have not seen this problem with most of the food products I've tried.

I'd suggest making your own products. If it's meat alternatives you are looking for, maybe try making your own seitan wheat-meat. If it's creams, moisturizers, and cosmetics, again, there's zillions of recipes to make your own. Obviously, diligence reading labels will help as well.

I did a quick google search and found a mass amount of DIY cosmetics. Some had coconut oil, but many offered alternatives, like olive oil, cocoa, and shea butters. You will find the same with meat alternatives, as in thousands of recipes. Try googling or a youtube search for "seitan recipes".

• Like Like x 1