I love Pickles & Sauerkraut

I buy Clausen Sauerkraut and pickles in the refrigerated section of the supermarket.
I don't know but I thought those still had probiotic qualities.

The first time I made Sauerkraut myself was wenn I was living in Malaysia and needed Sauerkraut juice to ferment cashew cheese. In Germany I would just have gone to the nearest supermarket and picked up some hopefully unpasteurised kraut, but that’s not available in Asia.
So I tried making it myself and was surprised by how easy it was and how well it tasted.
Right now I’m just checking if there are some 10 people here who would be interested in a common pickling session.
A FB friend organized something like that last year when a local farmer had lots of cabbages that had been attacked by ravens and could not be sold anymore. But buying regular cabbage is not that expensive right now either.
I still fondly remember sauerkraut season from my childhood. There used to be a big wooden barrel full of fresh kraut in the supermarket from which they sold it in plastic bags or whatever containers you brought yourself.
It tasted sooooo good, I always ate half of it raw….

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
A FB friend organized something like that last year when a local farmer had lots of cabbages that had been attacked by ravens
When I read that the first time I read "ravers" not ravens.
Immediately pictured young people in brightly colored costumes dancing to loud music if a field of cabbages.
I then wondered if this was a common occurrence in England.
Only then did I reread it.
Oh, ravens.

1699047069656.png1699047069656.png

Poor little cabbages.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and Andy_T