January Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the work week off with a treadmill workout. :) I took the weekend off. The ankle is definitely feeling better. I could climb a bit more today. I'm still going to gradually work up to my former level, though. Hopefully that will stave off any serious injury. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
On a massive work out high after my first session of roller derby after the Christmas break :D I only lost a quarter lap (hit 16 and a half), which I'm happy with.

Reactions: PTree15
So I had a nice workout this morning ...

treadmill, "clean engine", pushups, situps, walking lunges, shoulder presses, lat pulldowns, with an overall "cardio" taste.

I must admit that when I work out on my own (without the PT), I tend to be a bit lazy...

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
No tablet just an iMac

Cool, when did you buy it?

I still remember when the first iMac was presented :)

330px-Nafija55.jpg

I had that one, before the time...

MacPlus1.jpg

That one did not have bluetooth. Many of the newer ones, however, do have it...

It doesn't have bluetooth. I was just wondering why would you need to have a phone for wristwatch ?

Mobile nu Alcatel 20.04G NOIR - FDUM-28AAA1-00 20.04G (4093755)

It's not a watch (well, some models also function as watches, but that's not what they are for). They're like fancy pedometers - they track exercise and sleep patterns and the like, and they use an app on your phone (or computer or tablet) to interpret the data from the device and produce graphs to show you how active you are being :)

It's not a watch (well, some models also function as watches, but that's not what they are for). They're like fancy pedometers - they track exercise and sleep patterns and the like, and they use an app on your phone (or computer or tablet) to interpret the data from the device and produce graphs to show you how active you are being :)
Yus, it transfers the data via Bluetooth so you can see your stats. Or via the USB on computer.

I had the Mac Plus, with its, what, 4 kb of storage?':D

It was a maximum of 4 MB of storage.

Originally, the Mac had 128 KB, then there was a 512 K version, and the last version, the Macintosh "Plus" had 1 Mb in the form of 4 units of 256 KB simms (memory modules).
Each of those you could exchange for a 1 MB simm, so the maximum total memory was 4 MB (also the maximum memory of the successor, the Mac SE).

Mine had 2.5 MB (2 of the simms exchanged, which was really expensive), which allowed for some useful multitasking (having more than one program in memory at the same time, although not really active at the same time)

Reactions: ledboots
Cool, when did you buy it?

I still remember when the first iMac was presented :)

330px-Nafija55.jpg

I had that one, before the time...

MacPlus1.jpg

That one did not have bluetooth. Many of the newer ones, however, do have it...

I used to have the second one when I was working for a UK firm. It was a great little machine.

Reactions: ledboots

I just want one that is easy to use,that tracks steps. I don't need one to monitor sleep or calories as I definitely know how many hours I'm sleeping and what I'm eating.:p

I just want one that is easy to use,that tracks steps.

Hmmm... then you can likely save 90 % of the money of a fitbit...

Data transfer is pretty simple...

- look at display
- remember number shown :D

Hmmm... then you can likely save 90 % of the money of a fitbit...

Data transfer is pretty simple...

- look at display
- remember number shown :D

I would like a wrist or ankle one as I don't usually wear a belt especially in summer.

I did find one in the US but didn't understand how to set it up.:(

Yes, I see, that makes it a bit more of a challenge. However, that one you could also clip into the waist of your shorts. Few people I know are wearing belts when jogging....

Status
Not open for further replies.