January Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I see, that makes it a bit more of a challenge. However, that one you could also clip into the waist of your shorts. Few people I know are wearing belts when jogging....

Do you think that they are as accurate as a wristwatch device ?

I really don't know what it means and what to do…………..:rolleyes:

Take a look at this link...

Fitbit Setup

about in the middle of the page it says "Don't have a mobile device ... then download the software for the Macintosh"

Try do download that software.
My suspicion (as it is for Macintosh) is that it would guide you through the installation process and identify the device if you have it available (and automatically turn on bluetooth, it if needs it).

Try do download that software.
My suspicion (as it is for Macintosh) is that it would guide you through the installation process and identify the device if you have it available (and automatically turn on bluetooth, it if needs it).

Well, I" not too sure if I need it without a device ?

Agreed ... you would certainly not need it without a device, but you would need it if you decide to get the fitbit device...

I personally am partial to the Polar devices ... GPS enabled fitness trackers.

Earlier (before GPS was available) I was using Polar devices - basically heart rate monitors, also with step counter.

Both of those should work without a computer or smartphone, I guess.

I personally am partial to the Polar devices ... GPS enabled fitness trackers.

Earlier (before GPS was available) I was using Polar devices - basically heart rate monitors, also with step counter.

Both of those should work without a computer or smartphone, I guess.

I need cheaper ones.:p

If you do not need the heart rate / GPS functionality, there should be cheaper ones.

Regarding "fitbit style" fitness trackers, I have heard very good things about the Xiaomi Mi Band.
A friend of mine has that one, and he is happy with it. More or less the same functionality as the cheaper FitBits, but much cheaper. Unfortunately, this one will most likely require a smartphone to connect :eek:

If you do not need the heart rate / GPS functionality, there should be cheaper ones.

Regarding "fitbit style" fitness trackers, I have heard very good things about the Xiaomi Mi Band.
A friend of mine has that one, and he is happy with it. More or less the same functionality as the cheaper FitBits, but much cheaper. Unfortunately, this one will most likely require a smartphone to connect :eek:

The one I found at Big 5 was roughly 25 $. I wish that I had bought it.:rolleyes:

I finally got to the gym early enough to do a 50-minute treadmill workout this morning. :) I took yesterday off because I'd stayed up late the night before to watch the college football national championship game and overslept the next morning. :D

My weight was up again last week. :dance: Less than a pound, I think, but that's less than a pound away from the hospital!! I've been having a rough time, though. Some days I experience a lot of nausea and fare-ups of my acid reflux and IBS symptoms. :down: Kinda goes with the territory, I suppose. It just makes it that much more difficult for me to eat some days. Oh, well, I have anti-nausea medication (Zofran), my antacid (Omeprazole), and a gastric motility enhancer (Reglan) to help me out. Either way, my worst days here are still better than my best days in treatment!! I'm still able to work, attend school, and (most importatntly) sleep in my own bed!! (even though I've been getting night sweats more often than not :brood:)

I'm starting a new meal plan increase tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Scorpius, good to hear you are on the right track!

Thanks, man! It's friggin hard and just bound to get harder, but I'm game. Like I said, anything is better than being cooped up in a treatment center for weeks and weeks without being able to make my own food choices.
I've been able to try new foods and actually ENJOY them, which is a huge plus. Being forced to eat non veg*n food that makes me physically ill and is mentally taxing to consume (as is what happens in treatment where being vegan automatically makes you eating disordered) is no fun!! I've recently discovered permissions (which are friggin delicious) and have been adding flaked coconut to my oatmeal, which is equally as delicious!! I've always loved coconut even before the 'coconut everything will heal everything' trend caught on. :p
I'm trying to tap into things I enjoyed pre-eating disorder (basically from the ages of 1-13!), which tend to be mostly cereal and other sugary things. :p Come at me, carbs!! I just wish frosted poptarts didn't contain gelatin!!

What are "permissions"? or it that what your spellcheck made of persimmons?
Tell us some of your favourite foods, maybe we have other suggestions.....

Have you ever tried "Bircher Muesli"?
No, not the cereal crap you can buy in boxes that mainly contains sugar, but the original stuff, invented by Swiss doctor Bircher Brenner some 100 years ago ... soak oats in milk over night with cut fruits and raisins, totally awesome (of course, substituting the milk for non-dairy milk or even fruit smoothie and replacing the honey with something else)

The key, however, is to prepare it the evening before and have it soak over night. Totally delicious, when I take the time and effort to prepare that the night before, my breakfast has about 1500 calories before I can stop.... :eek:

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited:

I meant to write 'persimmons', as in the fruit, haha.
Food in general is still a challenge for me, so I can't in all honesty name off many favorites, as I have trouble deciphering which are favorite for "ED me" (which generally tends to favor the lower calorie/easy to assemble options) and which I truly enjoy eating. I just remember that as a kid I loved cereal and toast. I've been enjoying both thus far. :)

Reactions: ledboots
Yay, Scorpius! So happy you are on a better path to good health! Keep up the good work. [emoji106][emoji173]️

Reactions: ledboots
Thanks, man! It's friggin hard and just bound to get harder, but I'm game. Like I said, anything is better than being cooped up in a treatment center for weeks and weeks without being able to make my own food choices.
I've been able to try new foods and actually ENJOY them, which is a huge plus. Being forced to eat non veg*n food that makes me physically ill and is mentally taxing to consume (as is what happens in treatment where being vegan automatically makes you eating disordered) is no fun!! I've recently discovered permissions (which are friggin delicious) and have been adding flaked coconut to my oatmeal, which is equally as delicious!! I've always loved coconut even before the 'coconut everything will heal everything' trend caught on. [emoji14]
I'm trying to tap into things I enjoyed pre-eating disorder (basically from the ages of 1-13!), which tend to be mostly cereal and other sugary things. [emoji14] Come at me, carbs!! I just wish frosted poptarts didn't contain gelatin!!

I'm so glad you are in an upswing. The unfrosted poptarts are vegan btw! :)

Have you ever tried "Bircher Muesli"?
No, not the cereal crap you can buy in boxes that mainly contains sugar, but the original stuff, invented by Swiss doctor Bircher Brenner some 100 years ago ... soak oats in milk over night with cut fruits and raisins, totally awesome (of course, substituting the milk for non-dairy milk or even fruit smoothie and replacing the honey with something else)

The key, however, is to prepare it the evening before and have it soak over night. Totally delicious, when I take the time and effort to prepare that the night before, my breakfast has about 1500 calories before I can stop.... :eek:

Best regards,
Andy

Scroll down on the following post and you'll see a pic of a persimmon/sharon fruit :

What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

I love Bircher museli. I like to use apple juice to soak the oats.

Good to hear you're feeling postivie Scorpious! You're doing great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.