January Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I took two pump classes, one Soul Body Barre class and I'm signed up for yoga tomorrow. I'm going to try to do another pump class on Saturday. :)

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I did...nothing. lol
But in my defense, I'm getting in 10-12,000 steps just at work now that I'm at the other end of the building!

Reactions: PTree15
And I'm still counting points.
4.2 lbs so far...damn this is sloooooooooow.

I slept in today. My sleep this week was awful, in that I didn't get enough, so I rested. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer, which means a nice walk. I am looking forward to that.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm trying to lose some inches around my middle, so I have the goal of going to the gym a minimum of once/week.

First week: Three times (twice for yoga, once for a boxing class)
Second week: Twice (for power yoga and yin yoga)
Third week: Once (for power yoga)

For week 4 (this week), I've gone once so far for spin class. I'm not sure if I'll go to yoga or not tomorrow.

ETA: I'm also trying to eat less packaged food and junk food. Aside from one piece of chocolate cake and a box of KD, I've been doing really well. Oh, and I had some chocolate truffles.

Last edited:
I am very ashamed and mad at myself. Over the last couple of months, I have gained 10 pounds! It is my own fault from being lazy and not tracking my food. Back on track now and have been under budgeted calories all week (except Sunday).
I have been doing my small exercise routine every night; wall push ups, calf stretches, and squats. I have been doing this for quite some time and I am not sure what it does but it must do something! :D

Down 5lbs since Monday... Definitely can't complain... I've stuck to my calorie budget better than I have in a long long time! With the tendinitis, I can't really do much except upper body and abdominal workouts. Still have to push myself to work with the weights.

I did an unintentional upper body workout today... I spent 30 minutes hacking away at the ice on the front steps. I mostly felt it on my right side because I'm right handed. In retrospect, I probably should have switched to my left arm for some of it.

My achilles problem means that I haven't done much exercise apart from walking. I need to start doing the exercises my GP mentioned to help the tendon. I'm going to start them tomorrow.

Weight loss was only 3 lbs this month, but better than nothing.

My sleep has been generally very good and I'm glad that I am off the medication my GP gave me and just relying on melatonin now. I've been taking vitamins daily as I have a day of the week pill box and that is such a great way to remember.

Three pounds for Moll and Katrina! Good going! I am 579 calories under my weekly budget this week. I am budgeting to lose a pound a week. I hope to have lost a little bit when I weigh in the morning!

I've been sick for two days and gained a pound. I can’t be bothered cooking/counting points when I’m feeling this bad. Weird how my appetite is really good so I’m giving my body what it wants, which is mostly broth with pastina, dry crackers and pita chips, ginger ale and herbal teas with sugar. Even though it doesn’t seem like a lot, it’s all the wrong things for losing weight, I suppose. Oh well, hopefully I’ll jump back into it when I’m better in a day or two.

Hope you feel better soon KLS! Lots of people at work have been sick. I hope I manage to dodge that bullet!

Hope you feel better soon KLS! Lots of people at work have been sick. I hope I manage to dodge that bullet!
Thanks Chryssie. I was so proud that I got through December after being exposed to my daughter with norovirus, and my husband and son who both had some kind of virus similar to what I have now. I had started taking vitamin c and magnesium sometime in November and was wiping down doorknobs and common items that we share with the idea that I would kick start my immune system. And it could have worked because whatever I do have, as bad as I feel, could be a lot worse. The odd thing is, my body is weak, sore and achy and I get chills in and off, like I should have a fever, but I don’t. And the cough is dry and annoying yet doesn’t keep me up at night. Cold symptoms are very mild. It’s very odd. First time with some thing like this.

I usually get sick once a year and it’s always toward the end of the year. So I guess I can at least say I made it through 2017!

I've been sick for two days and gained a pound. I can’t be bothered cooking/counting points when I’m feeling this bad. Weird how my appetite is really good so I’m giving my body what it wants, which is mostly broth with pastina, dry crackers and pita chips, ginger ale and herbal teas with sugar. Even though it doesn’t seem like a lot, it’s all the wrong things for losing weight, I suppose. Oh well, hopefully I’ll jump back into it when I’m better in a day or two.

I'm so sorry that you're poorly and hope that you'll be feeling better swiftly.

Weight fluctuates so it's never a good thing to weigh your self more than once a week. You most probably have a slight fluid retention due to all the salt in those crackers and chips that you're eating. Get plenty of fluids and rest and I'm sure the bug will die very soon.:hug:

Tomorrow would be the day that I usually get a migraine, related to low iron. I'm having baked tofu and broccoli on toast for breakfast followed by a kiwi fruit for vitamin C to help absorb it. Then I'm going to take my iron tablet.

I hope I can fend it off this month!

Thanks Chryssie. I was so proud that I got through December after being exposed to my daughter with norovirus, and my husband and son who both had some kind of virus similar to what I have now. I had started taking vitamin c and magnesium sometime in November and was wiping down doorknobs and common items that we share with the idea that I would kick start my immune system. And it could have worked because whatever I do have, as bad as I feel, could be a lot worse. The odd thing is, my body is weak, sore and achy and I get chills in and off, like I should have a fever, but I don’t. And the cough is dry and annoying yet doesn’t keep me up at night. Cold symptoms are very mild. It’s very odd. First time with some thing like this.

Oh no. My husband is ill at the moment. He has a cold and a cough. I'm hoping that I don't catch it.

I think I am on the mend...another day planned relaxing with lots of hot liquids. And will probably take off work tomorrow just to cinch it

It just occurred to me that I likely don't get enough omega-3 fatty acids. I do sometimes eat a hot cereal that has flaxseeds in it, but I should have more than just that. We have a bunch of walnuts just sitting around, so maybe I'll add those to my cereal or yogurt to start. Looking at flaxseed oil recipes now...

Status
Not open for further replies.