July Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigh in day today and I lost 2.6 pounds! I was so surprised! :D I have been below my calorie limit a few days last week so I guess that is why. I am a happy camper this morning!
Fantastic, Chryssie!

Because I was a floor associate at work today, I logged 10,425 steps. I knew I walked a lot when I work the floor but this is not a regular thing. I get really worn out doing this!

Weigh in day today and I lost 2.6 pounds! I was so surprised! :D I have been below my calorie limit a few days last week so I guess that is why. I am a happy camper this morning!

Way to go! :D (or should that be "weigh" to go? ;) )

It is 6:25 am, and I am awake for an early morning crossfit class :tired: I never get up early, but I'm going away tomorrow, have a lot of prepping to do today, and needed to cram in my two weekly sessions before I left... this might actually kill me :p

Reactions: PTree15
Mid week weigh in.... Already down to 163.4, that's 2lbs so far. I wonder how much more I can lose between now and weigh in on Saturday :D

So, I've been keeping clear of this thread for months now as I've not been very 'good', felt pretty **** & knew I'd gained about 7lbs (which is a lot when you're 5ft.)

Today I went swimming & used the body tracker machine to see how bad the damage is and try to inspire some motivation... Turns out I've been unintentionally bulking :rofl: - gaining 4lbs of muscle & 2lb of fat in 5 months which is apparently a really good result for an athlete bulking in that time frame. Now I should really 'cut' to lose the fat & keep the muscle but we'll see about that haha.

Yeah, that's what 5 months of eating whatever the hell you like & working out just twice a week does - could be a lot worse.

Well done to everyone else!

I'm trying to get motivated to get on the treadmill and do Week 7, Day 2 of C25K... 5 minute brisk warm up, 25 minute run, 5 minute cool down... I can tell you one thing, running like that really makes you feel alive by the time you're finished.

You can do it! ^^^

Now my body fat is up to 21% , muscle up to 75% . Still 'underfat' on my trunk (fat all goes elsewher ) & still no visceral fat.

Welcome back, raggle! And Jeremy, what raggle said! :)
Yesterday was a lost day walking wise, as I had such a busy travel weekend (I did manage to walk Saturday, Sunday and Monday and get all my steps in). I was in New Hampshire visiting the latest great-nephew yesterday, and I needed to sleep in because I'd gone to a concert in New York City on Monday night and got home very late. :D I got a ton of steps in NYC between the walking and the rocking out at the concert, hehe. It was a blast. I was back at it today and did 3 miles because I needed sleep again. Going to get back to doing 4 tomorrow, though. We climbed a bunch of stairs in one of the taller buildings during our walk today, so I that was good just for the elevation. I need more of that.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Mid week weigh in.... Already down to 163.4, that's 2lbs so far. I wonder how much more I can lose between now and weigh in on Saturday :D

Keep it up!! You're doing amazingly, I'm jealous!

So, I've been keeping clear of this thread for months now as I've not been very 'good', felt pretty **** & knew I'd gained about 7lbs (which is a lot when you're 5ft.)

Today I went swimming & used the body tracker machine to see how bad the damage is and try to inspire some motivation... Turns out I've been unintentionally bulking :rofl: - gaining 4lbs of muscle & 2lb of fat in 5 months which is apparently a really good result for an athlete bulking in that time frame. Now I should really 'cut' to lose the fat & keep the muscle but we'll see about that haha.

Yeah, that's what 5 months of eating whatever the hell you like & working out just twice a week does - could be a lot worse.

Well done to everyone else!

... I hate you :p what I wouldn't give for that kind of bulking...

Welcome back, raggle! And Jeremy, what raggle said! :)
Yesterday was a lost day walking wise, as I had such a busy travel weekend (I did manage to walk Saturday, Sunday and Monday and get all my steps in). I was in New Hampshire visiting the latest great-nephew yesterday, and I needed to sleep in because I'd gone to a concert in New York City on Monday night and got home very late. :D I got a ton of steps in NYC between the walking and the rocking out at the concert, hehe. It was a blast. I was back at it today and did 3 miles because I needed sleep again. Going to get back to doing 4 tomorrow, though. We climbed a bunch of stairs in one of the taller buildings during our walk today, so I that was good just for the elevation. I need more of that.

Gigs are ace for exercise! You're doing awesomely, as always :)

CrossFit today... 100 'wall balls', 100 weight bar deadlifts, 100 sit ups, 300 skips with a rope, and 100 kettlebell swings.

I took one look at that list and wanted the ground to swallow me up. But I got through it with 1 minute 15 seconds to spare on the 30 minute time limit. I'm so pleased with myself! Really makes the progress I've made more obvious :)

Keep it up!! You're doing amazingly, I'm jealous!

... I hate you :p what I wouldn't give for that kind of bulking...

Gigs are ace for exercise! You're doing awesomely, as always :)

CrossFit today... 100 'wall balls', 100 weight bar deadlifts, 100 sit ups, 300 skips with a rope, and 100 kettlebell swings.

I took one look at that list and wanted the ground to swallow me up. But I got through it with 1 minute 15 seconds to spare on the 30 minute time limit. I'm so pleased with myself! Really makes the progress I've made more obvious :)

Lol, would rather be the 6lbs lighter.

That sounds like bloody hard work :eek: Well done.

Reactions: KLS52
So I'm running 6 days a week now, and today is my one rest day... Yet instead of appreciating the break, I feel fidgety, nervous and in withdraw that I haven't had run today? Doh!

15 minutes walking, 40 minutes running... 295+ calories burned... All good to go to a brewery later :D

When you're running for nearly an hour you get plenty of time to think. When this 10k trainer program is finished I was thinking about maybe entering an actual 10k race... It would be an experience I would say.

P.S. where is that August Health Challenge tread? :D

Reactions: Chryssie
My daughter has been Tracking her food intake with the Fitbit. I'm going try that too. Plus it's free. Maybe it will work in place of WW and I can get rid of that app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.