July Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, y'all! I was on vacation all last week, but I thought of you guys while I was walking. I managed to walk every day, though there were two days when I didn't get my desired step count, but I was happy to not have missed one day. My dad went with me on most of the walks, too, which was nice. I like walking with other people. It's just more fun.

Today was outstanding weather-wise, so I did my 4 miles at work. I didn't have my walking buddy with me because she was working from home today. There was no humidity and it was sunny and breezy. Perfect. :)

Back at it again today... Week 5, day 2 of Couch to 5k... 8 minute runs are pretty killer, but day 2 isn't the day I was really concerned about. Day 3 is going to kill me, which is no intervals, just one big sustained 20 minute run.

Back at it again today... Week 5, day 2 of Couch to 5k... 8 minute runs are pretty killer, but day 2 isn't the day I was really concerned about. Day 3 is going to kill me, which is no intervals, just one big sustained 20 minute run.
You can do it, Jeremy! Just think of how much less you have to carry now. You and Chryssie are doing great!

Thanks for the kind words! I am not nearly as dedicated as Jeremy is! I did walk 30 minutes on the treadmill today.

Reactions: PTree15
Thanks for the kind words! I am not nearly as dedicated as Jeremy is! I did walk 30 minutes on the treadmill today.
Hey, you are doing plenty and you should pat yourself on the back for sure. :)

Jeremy & Chryssie, you guys are doing amazingly!! :D

PTree, awesome that you kept on it whilst on vacation :) you always seem so motivated, it's amazing.

I've had an active few days. Pokemon Go has been keeping me moving, 20-odd miles walked in the last few days on top of CrossFit sessions, plus I've been doing a lot of DIY while the weather is nice, which is hard work. Today's CrossFit session was killer - hottest day we've had in ages, and for the main workout we had to run 400m outside, then do 21 kettlebell swings, then 12 pull ups, then do all that again two more times. I surprised myself - really pushed myself, completed the work out, and was the first one finished :D but then I was the last one to get up off the floor afterwards :p Bring on Thursday's session!

Jeremy & Chryssie, you guys are doing amazingly!! :D

PTree, awesome that you kept on it whilst on vacation :) you always seem so motivated, it's amazing.

I've had an active few days. Pokemon Go has been keeping me moving, 20-odd miles walked in the last few days on top of CrossFit sessions, plus I've been doing a lot of DIY while the weather is nice, which is hard work. Today's CrossFit session was killer - hottest day we've had in ages, and for the main workout we had to run 400m outside, then do 21 kettlebell swings, then 12 pull ups, then do all that again two more times. I surprised myself - really pushed myself, completed the work out, and was the first one finished :D but then I was the last one to get up off the floor afterwards :p Bring on Thursday's session!
Thank you, AF, but wow, talk about amazing! You so are! I so wish I could do those kettlebell swings, but they would kill my shoulders, lol. They are so good for strength and toning, though. I'm jealous! ;) I'm impressed with your motivation as well, including all the DIY work. Awesome job!

Today was another 10 weather day. Outstanding! I did 4 miles again, and this time I had my walking buddy. It just flies by when we get to go together.

Reactions: Chryssie
Today's CrossFit was even worse! The main workout was 400m running, 30 box jumps, and 30 'wall balls' (where you have a large weighted ball in your hands, and you squat down and then throw the ball high up against a wall and catch it again). We had to do it FIVE TIMES :tired:

On the bright side, I think after that I can justify a trip to the chip shop for dinner :p

My rib area is still sore, but doing much better! I have been taking 2000mg of calcium and 1500 vegan D and it seems to be making a difference. I was able to do an 18 mile mountain bike trail last weekend and some dancing without any pain, so things are looking up!

You are doing so well, Jeremy! Keep up the great work!

So today was a travel day, plus it was a bajillion degrees outside, and I was less than enthusiastic about getting my steps in when I got home around 4 p.m. So I had a late lunch/early dinner and decided I could take an hour and get the steps in even if I took it slower. I went around 7 p.m. and did just that. I think I do better when there is competition involved, lol. Whatever the motivation, I'm glad I did it! :) I need this challenge to last for a year or so, haha. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
I am going to start eating more healthy from today as I have just been such a glutton lately, the last 5 years or so really.:D

My blood pressure is still good so I only check it every few days or so. My sprained ankle is better and I am going to start exercising again too.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I am going to start eating more healthy from today as I have just been such a glutton lately, the last 5 years or so really.:D

My blood pressure is still good so I only check it every few days or so. My sprained ankle is better and I am going to start exercising again too.

Good for you.:up:

Weigh in day today and I lost 2.6 pounds! I was so surprised! :D I have been below my calorie limit a few days last week so I guess that is why. I am a happy camper this morning!

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.