July Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah all I care about is steps and calories! I sleep just fine! :D
My mom has the same one. She didn't want anything too complicated, and the Zip is perfect for her. She's all about steps and calories, too, as the doc has told her she needs to drop 30 pounds. :D

I did an hour of walking at work today. I wanted to get it in before it got really hot. It was still pretty warm, but now it's nasty out. Humid. Blah. I can't complain, as this will be our first real heat wave of the summer. Not too bad. :)

I went to the new gym, it was pretty good. The facilities were nowhere near as nice, and I don't like that there's no pay-as-you-go option (membership only), but the instructor was good, the people were friendly, and because the space is smaller the classes will be too. Also cutting the travel time right down is a plus. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and sign up for a membership, which will mean committing to at least twice a week.

I got a ride into work yesterday and today and brought my bike with me to bike back home. So far so good. I'm hoping to bike TO work sometime this week. I've avoided it due to the high heat and humidity.

Reactions: PTree15
I opened up a Cantillon to sort of celebrate having lost over 20lbs now and decided to take a picture. Two pics I think demonstrate progress, and yes I don't think I have a picture of myself that doesn't also involve beer :D

sidebyside.JPG

Way to go, @Jeremy !
@Katrina I wish I could bike to work. I would love that, but I live too far. I used to bike to work way back when, in the 1990s when work was just 5 miles away. Now I'm 21 miles (on the highway), so it would just take too long. :(

I did another long walk at work today, 4 miles. :) I've slipped in the standings on our team challenge, though, as I took a couple of days off over the holiday weekend. I'm hoping some of them take a day off so I can catch up, haha!

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
Yesterday I biked into work and back. Wish I had saved it for today as it is nice and cool today. Yesterday afternoon was so hot!! I am taking a break today. My entire body feels sore.

I got my Fitbit yesterday and I am wearing it today to see how many steps it records. I am not sure how accurate it is.

I think mine is pretty accurate - I've had my phone out and watched the steps go up as I take them, and it seems to line up :)

I paid my first month's membership at the gym. Now I just have to make sure I go! I'm still super sore from Wednesday.

I have worn the Fitbit all day and haven't really done that much. I have received my first achievement badge for going over 5000 steps. :D When I work as a floor associate, I bet I will get 10,000!

I only get 10,000 when I have work and do at least a 30 minute walk. Otherwise, I only hit 5-6000 on a weekend if I do nothing except putter around the house. But I have been walking between 40-70 minutes most days so I am happy about that.

I think if I do my treadmill walk and just normal household activities, I might get close. When I work walking around the store for 5+ hours, I should get there!

I spend a lot of "couch" time when I'm not at work, lol. That's why I have to do planned walks/hikes. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couch to 5k, Week 4 is coming up. Holy ****, run time DOUBLES! Five minute brisk warm up and then: 3 minutes run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk and repeat. Total run time 16 minutes! This is going to be ummm fun? :D

I'm trying to hit 12,500 steps a day to keep up with my challenge team at work. If I walk at least 4 miles a day and get in some steps at work (running around the office and walking to and from the cafeteria), I can do it. I just have to be diligent/consistent on the weekends. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy and KLS52
I hit my target today, yahoooo! I decided to do my city walk, as I call it. Five-plus miles...but then I bought a vegan cupcake from Nora Cupcake on Main Street, lol. Lemon drop, it was called. It was outstanding. They have three vegan ones today: the lemon one, a chocolate peanut butter concoction and a Boston cream, which I almost got, but then I decided I needed the lemon one. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
Oh man, I'm so jealous! Is that anywhere near our favorite vegan restaurant?

Omg, I just checked out their FB page...holy wow!

Yes, KLS, it's about a five-minute walk up the street. :D Their cupcakes rock.

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.