June Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am continuing to eat a lot more fruit and veg. I can't wait for my shopping delivery tomorrow as I bought lots of nice things like frozen dark cherries, pineapple and asparagus.

I tried the melatonin yesterday, finally. It did seem like just the right amount in 1 mg so I will carry on taking that to help me with sleep. I don't feel groggy or anything today either.

After a few works of hard work with decluttering, spring cleaning and painting my right hand hurts. Yesterday, I used my left hand to clean the grout and windows which was quite tough.

My right hand and arm hurts yesterday from using the jet washer. I thought I had slept on it funny and then realised what it must be.

I've been dealing with excessive fatigue recently, needing to sleep a lot. I keep experimenting with my diet in case that's part of the issue.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. It'll be a long a trek, my first train ride in months. But it's very much needed.

I'm still walking several miles a day, minimum, lifting weights, and doing other exercises.

I want to celebrate my 3 month break from alcohol when I reach that point (June 11th). I'm thinking of a vegan cake and some delicious soda like Stewart's.

I've got some honeysuckle about to bloom in the garden, and more flowers on the way. I'm making my place really nice and relaxing.

I just wish I was getting more done.

I'm also having tooth pain, so maybe I'll feel better after going to the dentist. A bad tooth infection could be the reason I'm tired all the time.

I started tracking my food again today in the Lose it app. I know this method works for me to control my calories so I am starting that journey yet again. Working 4 and 5 hours on my feet makes me forego walking because my feet can't take it. I will try to get some walks on my days off.

It’s one of the reasons I was considering that house in deep river. Would have been nice to walk to Main Street. There is a plaza here with a deli and pizzeria but I don’t have much use for either. Plus I don’t know if I could make it round trip lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I don't think I have to worry too much about exercise anymore. I'll be walking to work, and I'll be working at a garden.
Too bad I'm so poor I can't eat healthy enough. But I don't care. I like oatmeal, beans, rice, TVP and macaroni.

I want to introduce my new health guru:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I don't think I have to worry too much about exercise anymore. I'll be walking to work, and I'll be working at a garden.
Too bad I'm so poor I can't eat healthy enough. But I don't care. I like oatmeal, beans, rice, TVP and macaroni.

I want to introduce my new health guru:
Haha, that was funny. :D

Just came back from a sweat-fest of a walk. It was very humid, but I still needed to get out because I hadn't done squat in a couple of days. Did just under 4 miles. I got rained on, too, which felt great and cooled me off.

I haven't posted here in a while. Not much has changed. I keep taking long walks and adding other kinds of exercise as much as I can.

This is pup and my first full summer together without a big backyard. Our yard in TX had a lot of shade. I used to take him for walks in the park at sunrise and sunset. During the day, when it was hot, he could run and then cool off as much as he needed to.

He gets overheated more easily than most dogs, and it seems to happen more suddenly. He'll be fine, asking for the walk to be longer, and then he'll suddenly pull towards a shady spot and lie down, panting like he needs to rest.

So I stop and rest with him. But sometimes, the shady spot is in an area where he's not allowed (a lawn with a KEEP DOGS OFF GRASS sign, for example). So I think we just have to keep our daytime walks really short, and of course I'll start bringing water for him.

I've been walking and doing the Pahla B. videos. It's been humid the past couple of days, so I've been doing more of the videos rather than the walking. I'm looking forward to a long walk tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.