Loads of beans we have....

Soak them overnight even if the recipe says you don't need to.

I made refried beans in the crockpot last week. They were great and I got to control the salt. I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like salty food.

I always soak my beans beforehand, always. IDK maybe the altitude screws with my required cooking time. Anyway I got the cooking perfect bean with the pressure cooker down pat.

They came out nice and soft and they are put away right now , I am happy they turned out for my first attempt. Now I can start furthering my Veganism soon.
Good job on the bean cooking! Yes, I use beans just about daily; they are so cheap and there are so many different kinds and uses. Lately during the week my son is getting home before I do and is making dinner (yay), and tonight he made some kind of chickpea stew that was really good. Just a one-pot meal, plus a piece of crusty bread. :)

Reactions: Amy SF
Good job on the bean cooking! Yes, I use beans just about daily; they are so cheap and there are so many different kinds and uses. Lately during the week my son is getting home before I do and is making dinner (yay), and tonight he made some kind of chickpea stew that was really good. Just a one-pot meal, plus a piece of crusty bread. :)
Thanks I had some smashed into taco type deal thing with lettuce and other stuff and its great tasting, I am working on making them better but its ok for right now.

Reactions: ledboots