March Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez!:eek: I feel so ashamed... My last "hike" was 3.6 miles.:fp: OTOH, i didn't use buses, and i was dragging a heavy sack of groceries, which was getting bigger and bigger as i was walking by different grocery stores.:p But i wasn't in a hurry, and my legs hurt like a hell, so that distance was pretty enough for me then. I wanted to sit on a bench and stare at the beautiful spring sun for a couple minutes, but the wind was so icy, that i felt a pain in the back (where kidneys are) if i was taking a seat anywhere. So, i had to walk and walk and walk.:D My today's "hike" was even shorter.:sigh: But i feel that now, when the ice has almost melted, i'll be able to take longer walks.:woo:
That's very close to 4. :) I usually do 3 to 4 miles when I walk around town. When I hike in the woods or in the mountains, I do more because we usually make a day of it (my sister and I). I was tempted to hop on the bus because the rain got heavier after I stopped at the store and I still had 2 miles to go. But I had my big umbrella, so all was good. There were lots of people walking around today, probably because it was warmer (in the 50s). It was nice to see people out and about.

Reactions: Val
That's very close to 4. :) I usually do 3 to 4 miles when I walk around town. When I hike in the woods or in the mountains, I do more because we usually make a day of it (my sister and I). I was tempted to hop on the bus because the rain got heavier after I stopped at the store and I still had 2 miles to go. But I had my big umbrella, so all was good. There were lots of people walking around today, probably because it was warmer (in the 50s). It was nice to see people out and about.
Eeeeh:sheep:, when my legs were normal, and when we went for hikes with my ex-husband, we used to make much more either. Sometimes it was about 28 miles a day (on foot only). My last decent hike on my own (in Abkhazia, in 2013) was 22 miles. And it didn't seem hard, though i "met" pretty big hills on my way... Those were the days.:sigh: I'm trying to get back to those numbers, therefore i had a big (for me) hike in Abkhazia last year. I'm not sure i'll ever be able to go to Geghama mountain plateau on foot, but at least, i'm not glued to the wheelchair anymore (as it used to be after hospitals).
Lol, yesterday's "achievement": when we were buying my new shoes, i had to run around the shop:fp: (it was pretty big, with a lot of space for running, and i needed to find out, if i would be capable of running in these shoes, as i have global plans for the summer - to do some running and stop being afraid of it. Maybe it will help me to lose some of my permanent fat:p).

There were lots of people walking around today, probably because it was warmer (in the 50s). It was nice to see people out and about.
I think, there will be a lot of people wandering around the town, as the weather guys promise us 46.5°F today!:eek: (It means, i'm going to be sweaty like a tzutzik again:D).

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.