March Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fitbit is off again. I hate to wear it when I know I'm going to have a day that's impossible to get my steps in. I'm such a cheater!

I'm going to the doc for a brief visit this morning so I'll get an "official" weigh-in today. I did not eat breakfast. I'm taking it to eat after I get off the scale :p.

Lol...I do the same thing when I’m getting weighed.

I've decided to try and get back to my normal weight. I gained about 20 pounds since being with H... and he really didn't help things with the way he bought so much junk food and left it out where I could see it (despite me telling him not to).

I'm not sure if I'll bother to join a gym just yet. I plan to do lots of walking (and possibly biking) in the next two weeks. My goal for tomorrow is to walk downtown and do some shopping. Roundtrip, it should be about 6.5 km.

I think I will make a goal of visiting all the cafes, a different one each day (or maybe every other day). I'm more likely to go for a walk if I'm trying to actually get somewhere. That's why I hate treadmills and such at the gym...

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
The treadmill is boring! I have been on mine every day for a couple months now. I have to watch programs on TV so I don't get so bored. I like walking outside better but it gets so hot here; this is why I got the treadmill, so I could walk no matter what the weather does. I have forced myself to do this walking every day so that now it is a habit and I feel compelled to do it!

I ended up walking about 4.5 km today. It's a good thing I didn't do the longer walk as planned, because my boots are way too hot for this weather. I'll have to dig out my rain boots, wherever those are, and try wearing them tomorrow.

The pavement is clear enough on the main roads that I could go biking, though there's still a risk of being splashed with mud and puddles. I may go out anyway.

I have walked my 30 minutes on the treadmill. I tried doing 45 minutes but it is too long so I increased my speed and reduced the time. Thirty minutes is about all I can stand on that thing!

:fp::argh:I have zero moderation.
Last weekend I thought I'd like to have some foods I haven't had in so long-so I ate tater tots, and chocolate, then made white pasta with soy balls, and some brownies....
I lost a total of about 10 pounds since the beginning of Feb. I have to keep going :lala:
At lunch I ate too big a portion of madras sambar with potates, tonight I finished the pasta- two servings worth.
Back to wfpb grind :dismay::sigh:

:fp::argh:I have zero moderation.

Man, I get that. I can be doing so well and then I'll just crack and be really stupid about food for a few days. Then I usually regain my senses and get back on track. But man - those stupid days can be really fun! :p

Reactions: Val
I haven't been that way though. I got to 170 at the end of last year! I've been between 155-165 for years now

I walked 6.59 km today. I picked up a scone from one of my favourite cafes and ate it while I walked.

Next time, I'll ride my bike. Long walks make my back hurt.

I have been getting lots of steps in this week with all my walking at work and out and about plus the treadmill every day. And I do the squats every night also. My leg/butt muscles are a little achy because of it too! Tomorrow will be a more "take it easy" day as Sunday usually is.

Man, I get that. I can be doing so well and then I'll just crack and be really stupid about food for a few days. Then I usually regain my senses and get back on track. But man - those stupid days can be really fun! :p
Haha, this is me as well. In fact, I've had about three stupid food days in a row with little exercise. I am back on track today, but man, I need to be consistent. That's what has been lacking in my efforts. Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be lovely, so I'm going to get outside and get 3 or 4 miles of walking in.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm 6 pounds down now as I've lost another 2 pounds this week.:) The old WW seems to work better for me than the new system.

I should be on track to lose 8 pounds by the end of this month.

I'm loving my healthy chocolate milkshakes at the moment. Banana, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, almond milk, baby spinach and a teaspoon of cocoa powder.:lick:

I'm 6 pounds down now as I've lost another 2 pounds this week.:) The old WW seems to work better for me than the new system.

I should be on track to lose 8 pounds by the end of this month.

I'm loving my healthy chocolate milkshakes at the moment. Banana, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, almond milk, baby spinach and a teaspoon of cocoa powder.:lick:

Is a teaspoon of cocoa enough to make spinach and fruit really taste chocolate-y?

<<< obviously not a smoothie expert

Is a teaspoon of cocoa enough to make spinach and fruit really taste chocolate-y?

<<< obviously not a smoothie expert

It is for me. I think it's the banana that makes a smoothie taste good. I had run out so I made it without the banana today and it wasn't that nice!:p

Ugh...wish I liked bananas! They make a nice texture to smoothies, but taste yuck to me :down:
Can't do avocado--I'd like to find pawpaws! They grow wild here - somewhere. They're supposed to have a creamy texture
I do like to use silken tofu in chocolate shakes, but I rarely go to the trouble. They should package that in sectioned packs, like the yogurt 6 packs you break apart.

@silva...they have tofu in two packs, now...not six but it’s pretty cool. I don’t have a problem using a whole pack but sometimes the two pack is all I can find

Reactions: silva
Ugh...wish I liked bananas! They make a nice texture to smoothies, but taste yuck to me :down:
They have a pretty strong taste, and that's not good, IMO. But i don't eat them (at all) for another reason: they decrease my stomach's acidity (which is critically low itself), and i loathe that.:yuck:

They have a pretty strong taste, and that's not good, IMO. But i don't eat them (at all) for another reason: they decrease my stomach's acidity (which is critically low itself), and i loathe that.:yuck:
Hmmmm....maybe that's why they've been bothering me? I don't know for sure, but I suspect low stomach acid, since when I eat too much raw foods they seem to sit high in my stomach like I ate mulch, and that feeling doesn't go away for a long time! Not salads, I can eat lots of greens and whatever else I add, but like eating veggie sticks with hummus - big problem! Like I beg for gas or burps and nothing comes out!
Speaking of salads, I need to make one for tomorrows lunch, and make a tahini dressing. I got a discounted bag of broccoli slaw, beets to cook, carrots and peppers. Wish I had celery, but only get that at a certain store

Status
Not open for further replies.