March Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I didn’t have hair issues I would be happy with a ten-fifteen pound overage. But since I can’t control what I look like from the neck up, I can at least keep my weight in check, lol. :)

What is so bad about your hair? o_O

I used to dislike my hair so I used to perm it and dye it a lot. From my early thirties I just stopped caring and have it natural. Someone said to me that I was lucky that I haven't got any grey and I thought that was a good point and just stopped colouring it. I still don't have any grey.

Not that there is anything wrong with grey hair, just because I'm kind of a redhead we don't go grey as early, I think.:confused:

Reactions: Poppy and Val
I know, I get it. When I started in 2014 I was losing 5 pounds a week. It felt like torture. But I lost 32 pounds total and with the few pounds I lost due to stress over Ben, I’m only up by about 7 pounds which isn’t bad considering it’s been 5 years. It’s so hard though. It sucks, lol. But I’m so much happier at the lower weight. I wish I didn’t care so much. But I do. Life is so much easier when I’m not stressing over my personal appearance. I think if I didn’t have hair issues I would be happy with a ten-fifteen pound overage. But since I can’t control what I look like from the neck up, I can at least keep my weight in check, lol. :)
Your hair is fabulous! I love the curls. :)
I wish I didn't care about weight, either, but I do and pretty much have since about age 11. I, too, am much happier at a lower weight, and I'll be so happy when I get back to that. On a positive note, I walked 5 days last week. I haven't done 5 days a week in a long time. It felt really good. Today's weather is nasty, so I'll probably do a video, though I'd much rather be outside. I can't wait for the warmer weather.

I love KLS52's hair! My son has curls like that--except for the sides! So strange- the hair on the front sides is completely straight! Everywhere else it's tight curls! The only way it's not noticable is if it's long, which is how he wears it

I've been doing really well on this wfpb way of eating. I still will add a bit of oil if I feel something needs it, added some maple syrup to the healthy waffles, but that's been it! I wore my most forgiving black jeans today and got to use the second button:cool:.Those jeans are stretchy and if I'm a my biggest I can wear them uncomfortably, lesser weight I can use their regular button, now I can use the Perfect Fit button that makes them smaller! I finally feel like things are changing :starshower:
I'm now seeing the scale in the 150's :up:

Omg I wrote five pounds a week and I should have said a month! Five a week is too much!! :rofl:

My hair is fine, November through March. The rest of the time it’s uncontrollable. I know curls sound appealing but not when you’re living with them, honest. And there are no local salons that know how to cut it properly. You can’t really “layer” curly hair like you would straight hair. It takes a special cut. But we could debate this forever, lol. I do appreciate the kind words though! <3

My hair is fine, November through March. The rest of the time it’s uncontrollable. I know curls sound appealing but not when you’re living with them, honest. And there are no local salons that know how to cut it properly. You can’t really “layer” curly hair like you would straight hair. It takes a special cut. But we could debate this forever, lol. I do appreciate the kind words though! <3
Yes, finding the right stylist is key.

Reactions: KLS52
I think I am getting back to my normal portions. I couldn't finish my dinner even though I was super hungry. I got really full, so I put the rest in a bowl and I'll have it for lunch tomorrow. :) Progress.

Reactions: Poppy and KLS52
I think I am getting back to my normal portions. I couldn't finish my dinner even though I was super hungry. I got really full, so I put the rest in a bowl and I'll have it for lunch tomorrow. :) Progress.
That's me! I really was eating pretty large portions, often finishing what I knew I didn't need because it wasn't enough to put away :rolleyes: Even now, when I made peanut noodles, even being whole wheat, I ate too much! Damn that pasta! :fp:

That's me! I really was eating pretty large portions, often finishing what I knew I didn't need because it wasn't enough to put away :rolleyes: Even now, when I made peanut noodles, even being whole wheat, I ate too much! Damn that pasta! :fp:
Yep, pasta is evil! :D I'm trying to get back to stopping when I feel full, but I do have trouble in that department. I threw in some beans with the pasta, which might explain why I got so full. I could eat only half of what was on my plate.

Yep, pasta is evil! :D I'm trying to get back to stopping when I feel full, but I do have trouble in that department. I threw in some beans with the pasta, which might explain why I got so full. I could eat only half of what was on my plate.

I also find it difficult to have a small portion of pasta. I often try and add some kind of protein based ingredient to make it more satisfying.

Reactions: PTree15
Today, I did two videos: Leslie Sansone's happy mile and Jessica Smith's 30-minute power walk. JS kicks my butt. :D Good workout, though. I wanted to walk outside, but it's still ^^$#@!!@ cold out even though it's sunny.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I thought today was gorgeous walking weather...45 and sunny. But of course, I couldn’t seem to fit it into my schedule what with going back and forth to the vet twice a day. And I came home at lunchtime to spoon feed Ben. He took two spoonfuls. He wants to eat the dry food but he has two sutures and they don’t want him having it just yet. I can’t believe he still has a 104 fever.

I'm down another pound. I went for a 30 minute walk today and then did 10 minutes on my trampoline when I got in.:) I want to build up to doing 20 minutes of the trampoline a day.

I cut out peanut butter because it is quite a lot of WW points, but I started having cravings so I bought some salted peanuts to add to my salads.:p

I've put my Fitbit back on. I find I can only track periodically or I get too obsessed and that's no fun for anyone around me. :rolleyes:

I've started a new route on my daily walk that takes me down a steep hill into the park and around a small lake. The climb back up out of the park is a great butt workout and smashes my daily "stairs" goal with explosions of confetti. I'm ridiculously easy to motivate. :p

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I still haven't joined a gym. Getting there and back in this town is a real pain in the ***, unless you drive, which I don't. My goal for this week is to check out the yoga studio. I have a gift certificate for a class, and it's not too far of a walk. I could also ask my brother to drive me, but I don't like depending on people to drive me around. The walk will also be good exercise.

Reactions: Val
A more realistic goal for me this month is to just keep eating every day. Living with family really helps. We eat dinner together every night. I still skip breakfast, but I'll usually have at least something for lunch.

I've also been trying to get a normal amount of sleep. I'm usually in bed by midnight (which is early for me), and the next morning I try to be up by 10. Sometimes I wake up at 4 or 5 a.m. without wanting to, and then I keep falling back to sleep on and off.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm annoyed at only losing 4 pounds in two weeks. I don't trust this new WW system!:pout: I don't see how I can eat so many chickpeas and tofu and beans and still lose weight.

I also don't see how blending fruit can be bad for weight loss and I want to go back to drinking green smoothies as I find it easier to eat spinach that way instead of eating it all in a salad!

I exercised quite a lot last week and I only lost one more pound.

I'm trying out the old WW system instead this week.:yes: I still want to lose 4 more pounds before the end of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.