TV & Film Movie Lounge

My wife and I just watched the new “Road House” movie, and it mainly reminded me that the old Patrick Swayze movie had not exactly been a cinematic masterpiece, either ;)

My verdict: Not really worth 2 hours of your time…

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
The Accountant (Anna Kendrick, Ben Affleck) popped up on Netflix and so we watched it last night and very much enjoyed it, although some scenes seemed familiar we didn't remember enough of the story to spoil it.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I loved “The Accountant”.

I recently read that there will be a sequel to it, where Jon Bernthal’s role (he played the brother) will be even more prominent than in the first movie. I quite like him as an actor.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I needed something to watch so I watched the new "Roadhouse" movie. Pretty much a waste of time and a big waste of talent. The only thing that kept me somewhat interested was the location (Florida Keys) and the fact that the bad guy's name was Brandt which is my maiden name. LOL

I saw two films at the hotel. Final Destination 2 and then The Blair Witch Project. I had seen them both before multiple times!

We then watched FD 3 the night after and then FD 5 last night. We skipped out the 4th one as I remember it being terrible. I might watch the 1st FD today.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Have since watched “Equalizer 3”, and it had the same story as “Roadhouse”.

Bad guy wants to own a place to build new condos/resorts/whatever and terrorizes the people who live there.
Lone hero drops by and thwarts bad guy’s scheme, killing lots of people in the process.
The end.

Arguably, “Equalizer 3” was done better, had better fight scenes and a better location (scenic fishing village in Campania, Italy), so I did not regret watching it as much.

Have since watched “Equalizer 3”, and it had the same story as “Roadhouse”.

Bad guy wants to own a place to build new condos/resorts/whatever and terrorizes the people who live there.
Lone hero drops by and thwarts bad guy’s scheme, killing lots of people in the process.
The end.

Arguably, “Equalizer 3” was done better, had better fight scenes and a better location (scenic fishing village in Campania, Italy), so I did not regret watching it as much.
That plot does seem to be a rather standard theme in these kind of action movies. I do admit to liking the first couple "Equalizer" films.

That plot does seem to be a rather standard theme in these kind of action movies. I do admit to liking the first couple "Equalizer" films.
Yes, its very standard. Not sure if it has been done to death yet being that I also enjoyed every equalizer movie.
BTW, isn't this the plot of every one to the episodes of Kung Fu (1972). Except without all the killing.

Reactions: Andy_T and Chryssie
Yes, its very standard. Not sure if it has been done to death yet being that I also enjoyed every equalizer movie.
BTW, isn't this the plot of every one to the episodes of Kung Fu (1972). Except without all the killing.
I loved "Kung Fu"! LOL

Reactions: Andy_T
I loved "Kung Fu"! LOL

Me, too!

I only began to dislike it when I heard at a much later point that the original idea of the show had been elaborated by Bruce Lee and pitched to Warner Brothers, but they took the concept and went with David Carradine as lead because they thought a Chinese lead would be unpalatable to a ‘murrican audience …

Reactions: KellecoUK
Me, too!

I only began to dislike it when I heard at a much later point that the original idea of the show had been elaborated by Bruce Lee and pitched to Warner Brothers, but they took the concept and went with David Carradine as lead because they thought a Chinese lead would be unpalatable to a ‘murrican audience …
I always thought it was weird that David Carradine was playing a Chinese dude. Wasn't he supposed to be half white though?

I always thought it was weird that David Carradine was playing a Chinese dude. Wasn't he supposed to be half white though?
Yes, they made the character half white in the story and cast a white person with no martial arts knowledge to play him…