My dog is ill. :(

Yeah, she is also on an appetite stimulant. Today she has fluid in her lungs and they found a spot on her liver. I'm normally a pretty together person, but cannot stop crying. She is the best dog. My daughter doesn't remember life without her.
I'm so sorry and hope she does okay.

I think it is even harder to have an ailing dog when other family members, like your daughter, love her too. When our bestest old (and only lol) dog was sick, I was so touched by my husband and 2 adult kids caring for her so gently. It brought back the gentleness of when we first got her as a tiny pup.

I am so so sorry. I know no words will heal right now, but please know you're in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry and hope she does okay.

I think it is even harder to have an ailing dog when other family members, like your daughter, love her too. When our bestest old (and only lol) dog was sick, I was so touched by my husband and 2 adult kids caring for her so gently. It brought back the gentleness of when we first got her as a tiny pup.

:sob:

Thanks all. This has been about the hardest 24 hours of my life. That's saying something. I didn't think I had this many tears in me.

It really is an awful feeling. I cried for two months when Thor died. I think the only reason it started getting better was because I adopted Bogart and he had some health issues so it really kept me preoccupied and focused away from the grief. You really need to just go with it and let the tears come when they may. I feel like it's the only way to eventually make peace with it. :'(

Reactions: Amy SF
I'm sorry, MrsSchu. There is a Monday Candle Ceremony which people whose companion animals have passed perform- sometimes on-line, but more often by themselves- but it's done every Monday at 10 PM Eastern time. It's also done one Sunday each month at 3 PM. I usually do it without candles- but I'll remember your dog during it.

Why don't we all do it next Monday for all our pets who have gone on?