My New Neighbours

They never came back. How I miss them.:pout:

This morning I saw a baby lizard as I was coming up the stairs from the outside garage. As usual, I always stop and talk to any animal that wants to listen to me. All the lizards usually dash off a mile when you look at them; except for this one. It looked and listened to me for such a long time, that I thought something was wrong with it !

The neighbours must think that I'm a nut job.:p

I miss my lizards and birds that used to come for food on my balcony. The flat seems so empty without these mites. Even if they didn't enter the flat I was happy to watch them.:(

Last edited:
Sorry, shyvas. :(

This is the first summer, in several years, that the wrens didn't come back and make their home in the birdhouse. I miss their shrill chatter. I might have mentioned it before, but I saw bees going in and out one day, a few weeks ago. The two birds were fluttering about seemingly upset. I wonder if the bees took it over. The birds never came back. :(

Husband is going to check inside when the weather changes. I will have to do some research, though. I don't want to harm the bees...maybe just relocate them. I don't know where bees go in winter but I want the birds to have their house back next summer.

I hope the lizards return someday.

Sorry, shyvas. :(

This is the first summer, in several years, that the wrens didn't come back and make their home in the birdhouse. I miss their shrill chatter. I might have mentioned it before, but I saw bees going in and out one day, a few weeks ago. The two birds were fluttering about seemingly upset. I wonder if the bees took it over. The birds never came back. :(

Husband is going to check inside when the weather changes. I will have to do some research, though. I don't want to harm the bees...maybe just relocate them. I don't know where bees go in winter but I want the birds to have their house back next summer.

I hope the lizards return someday.

Isn't it strange how we get attached to 'our' animal families that set up home in our surroundings ? I even get upset if I don't see all the stray cats in the neighbourhood. I actually called the lady across the road who feeds them to enquire about them. As she has received many threatening letters and I've heard that some people want to kill them, I was very concerned about the mites. Not only do they have a sad and lonely life, to think that there are awful people who want to harm them is disturbing. Moreover, the same people don't want other to leave them food and water.:rolleyes:

My cousin in California also has a family of hawks that set up nest every single summer. We always watch them and car hear the babies squaking (?) for their food.

It does look like your mites have been scared off by the bees. Perhaps your husband could build another birdhouse for the wrens ? ;)

I'm trying to think of a way to coax other lizards to climb up to a lizard 'home' underneath my window sill ! :p