Neat reusing ideas

There are still some older models around with floppy drives. My mother has an older desktop PC with a floppy drive.

Worse comes to worst, you can spend a little money and buy a cheap external floppy drive. I know that's not the best solution. Maybe there's some business or company around that can convert the data on floppies to a different memory device.

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's outdated but certainly not dead technology. Cheap, quick external memory, much simpler than a CD and not as much memory to have to tinker around with. They sell floppy drives for pretty cheap, USB plugin I think, if it's good anyway.

I have a whole bunch of these:
images

and have no use for them. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do with them besides using them as coasters? (and before I give up and just throw them out)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Floppy-Disk-Bag/ !

Anyone with floppies with important stuff on could maybe find a friend or relative with an old computer in the garage. Thats what Id try anyway haha.

I've been trying to declutter my house today after looking on frugal blogs and I saw this idea to use old belts to repair a broken wooden chair and I thought it was a great idea. :)
Recycle Reuse Renew Mother Earth Projects: How to make a Belt Chair

Also I got the idea to hang some of those clear plastic dividers in the wardrobe to keep winter hats, scarves, gloves in as they are the type of things that go missing in my house so you can see easily what's in there.

Reactions: thefadedone
That has some brilliant tips!

I have another tip not mentioned! I've been doing this for years:

I buy Dijon mustard, preferably Grey Poupon, but not always. This works better with the larger jar with the wide mouth, but even if you have a smaller jar, it will work. Once the mustard is almost gone, with just a little bit left that's hard to scrape out, add to the jar salad or cooking oil, wine or rice vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger powder. Close and shake the jar well. Voila! Dijon vinaigrette! Tastes much better, IMO, than making it with dry mustard.

Reactions: ledboots
It took me a while to click on this because I'm such a reluctant link-clicker, but that was fantastic! I bookmarked it for reading again and again. :yes:
Me too! Last night I fixed my lime encrusted showerheads by using the vinegar in a bag overnight trick! And im going to use toothpaste on my car's cloudy headlight covers. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Somebody stop me! I can't help it! :cry:

Bruder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had anudder one she paid it for de lime
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she call de doctor, woke 'im up

Said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache"
I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache"