Pictures of Your Animal Family

Chayton :smitten:
I miss having a dog. My son used to talk about getting a dog, but he knows it's not right right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Chayton's DNA results are in!! Drum roll please...

Boxer 19%

Husky 16%

Shepherd 14%

Pit bull 11%

Chow Chow 10%

Then smaller percentages of Rottweiler, Boston Terrier, Alaskan Malamute, Australian Cattle, Australian Shepard, Collie, Shiloh Shepherd

šŸ˜

@KLS52 I gave your post a "Wow!" emoji because all I can see in her is Shepherd. I don't see any Boxer at all. She's cute, though. I know all puppies are, but that head-cocked-with-left-ear-partly-bent pose is almost too much!

Maybe if I did that "23 and Me" mail-in test with sample of my own DNA, I'd get some surprises too.

@KLS52 I gave your post a "Wow!" emoji because all I can see in her is Shepherd. I don't see any Boxer at all. She's cute, though. I know all puppies are, but that head-cocked-with-left-ear-partly-bent pose is almost too much!

Maybe if I did that "23 and Me" mail-in test with sample of my own DNA, I'd get some surprises too.
I know! Boxer is crazy! But she is adorable.
We were sure she was going to have some malinois in her because of the shepherd look but smaller size. I admit I am worried now because boxers and chows are said to be very stubborn and huskies are known to be crazy lol. I'm hoping since she looks so much like shepherd that she will have more of that temperament.

Reactions: Tom L.
I know! Boxer is crazy! But she is adorable.
We were sure she was going to have some malinois in her because of the shepherd look but smaller size. I admit I am worried now because boxers and chows are said to be very stubborn and huskies are known to be crazy lol. I'm hoping since she looks so much like shepherd that she will have more of that temperament.
She truly is a mixed bag of cuteness! Lots of very smart ancestry with some strong-willed and stubborn thrown in. She will needs lots of training and lots of exercise for those high energy genes.

She's so cute! So good she's getting used to wearing protective footwear too!
That was her very first time wearing them! I was shocked. She's so good. Admittedly, I was annoyed when he told me he was buying her shoes. It seemed ridiculous and unnecessary to me. We are butting heads a lot over what we think is good for Chay. But it is his dog. I have no say in what he does/doesn't do. I did read up on shoes and was surprised to find that they can actually be beneficial but there are different shoes for different purposes. One shoe does not fit all circumstances.

He is learning as, even though he's been walking dogs for three years, most of whom are problem dogs who are not given attention at home, this is his first dog. It's a big difference being responsible for her 24/7 as opposed to a dog with behavior issues 1-2 hours a day. I just don't want Chay paying the price for one of his learning mistakes. It's hard to be a bystander watching and having no control over a situation.

All in all I think he's doing a really good job. Everything he's trying to teach her is for her benefit. What I disagree with the most is the "off leash" when I feel like she's only six months old and does not have control over her impulse behavior yet.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15