Plant Based Diet and Health

update: unfortunately not a good update...

in the new hospital, before doing the surgery they did another angiogram and decided that the main artery is blocked 80% and some of the other arteries are also blocked and so they are flying him to Toronto, early next week, for a triple bypass.... my brother is slender, gets a good amount of exercise and does not smoke or drink other than some wine on occasion - it is all about the food and even though they eat a decent standard diet the animal products and oils and fats still clog up the arteries... my sister-in-law is a great cook and does a lot of baking and I know they cook their eggs in coconut oil and probably lots of butter as she also makes her own breads etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

in the new hospital, before doing the surgery they did another angiogram and decided that the main artery is blocked 80% and some of the other arteries are also blocked and so they are flying him to Toronto, early next week, for a triple bypass.... my brother is slender, gets a good amount of exercise and does not smoke or drink other than some wine on occasion - it is all about the food and even though they eat a decent standard diet the animal products and oils and fats still clog up the arteries... my sister-in-law is a great cook and does a lot of baking and I know they cook their eggs in coconut oil and probably lots of butter as she also makes her own breads etc.

Emma JC
I'm sending good vibes to your brother that he does well in the surgery. I don't understand the obsession with coconut oil. My sister's doc told her to definitely avoid it.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC
Sorry Emma...hope the surgery goes well next week. 💙

• Friendly

Emma JC
Thinking of you and your brother Emma. Hope it goes well. I know you must be very worried.

• Friendly
Thank you all again for all your kindness.

Great news - I spent three days at the hospital with my brother and his wife and his surgery (quadruple bypass) was Friday the 28th of June - this past Friday they flew back home to Northern Ontario and he is doing very well. It is amazing how quickly they kick you out and allow you to fly. I had lots of good talks with my sister-in-law while we spent the hours together and I don't think they will change any of their habits. "My mother always had cheese out as a snack or hors d'oeuvres for every meal and we do too" was just one of the points she made. Will never give up cheese or eggs.... No arguing on my part as I don't find that helpful and I can just hope it was some kind of lesson learned and maybe they will eat even more vegetables and beans etc than they currently do. I was grateful to be able to spend time with them both and they were grateful I was there to be with my SIL. I hadn't seen them since 2019 so it was a blessing in disguise.

Emma JC

Thank you all again for all your kindness.

Great news - I spent three days at the hospital with my brother and his wife and his surgery (quadruple bypass) was Friday the 28th of June - this past Friday they flew back home to Northern Ontario and he is doing very well. It is amazing how quickly they kick you out and allow you to fly. I had lots of good talks with my sister-in-law while we spent the hours together and I don't think they will change any of their habits. "My mother always had cheese out as a snack or hors d'oeuvres for every meal and we do too" was just one of the points she made. Will never give up cheese or eggs.... No arguing on my part as I don't find that helpful and I can just hope it was some kind of lesson learned and maybe they will eat even more vegetables and beans etc than they currently do. I was grateful to be able to spend time with them both and they were grateful I was there to be with my SIL. I hadn't seen them since 2019 so it was a blessing in disguise.

Emma JC
I'm so glad your brother is doing well. I'm sorry they don't seem to want to change their ways, but as you said, maybe they will up their veggie and fruit intake. I wish him a speedy recovery!

• Agree