Protein Shakes

Pirate

Forum Legend
Supporter
Don't worry, it's not another thread about getting enough protein!

I'm really bad at eating breakfast - I don't feel hungry, and if I eat anything that isn't super plain before 11am I get bad heartburn for hours after. Even a raisin or sip of orange squash will do it! I have no idea why but it's been that way for years and the doctor doesn't care. So my breakfast is a pint of water and a black coffee.

I was thinking of trying one of these protein shake type things.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shakes that are:
* Available in the UK
* Not super expensive
* No added sugar or stevia (it has an awful aftertaste - other sweeteners are fine though)
* Not fruit flavoured

Not that I'm being fussy or anything :D Just don't fancy spending £30 on something that tastes like chalk haha

edit: I decided this was health related because a lot of people use shakes after workouts etc but I wont be offended if anyone moves it :)

This probably isn’t going to be helpful at all, lol. I don’t know if it’s available in the UK and it does have stevia in it. I’m not a fan of stevia myself but for some reason they are extremely palatable, to me, and pretty much saves my life when I’m unable to eat. I love it so much. Just needed to put that out there, haha. :)

1F543024-F699-4867-9469-8AD7DC8FE9BC.jpeg 8DFD684F-89D8-47BD-AC4F-C60F64FE4A1E.jpeg

They all taste like chalk on their own unfortunately:rofl: the only way to make them palatable is to mix with oat milk, banana, fruit etc!

I use MyProtein Vegan Blend at the moment. It's reletaively cheap, U.K based and always have great discounts like 25/30% 0ff, free delivery etc. Try that!

Back