Relapsed on pizza

Partying too much. Knew not to eat a couple slices of cheese pizza. Did it anyways. Just a relapse after going strong for 1.5 years vegan.

big hugs for you and know that it is okay and please forgive yourself - it is what you do every day that matters and that was yesterday (or the day before) today and tomorrow are what matters!!

:hug:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I wonder how many vegans do something like that? I endorse veganism, but view it through a kind of lens of pragmatism. I mostly eat plant-based but we do have eggs sourced from a local farmer we know. I am happy to eat insects - we have some cricket powder and have bought insect snacks. I have no real problem with eating cheese or even some meats when out and if a truly plant-based food option is not available I will eat some kinds of meat based foods. For me, losing sleep over such things is counter-productive. My choices probably don't make much af a difference really but where I can I support veganism and encourage vegan choices.

Reactions: Sproutskies and Lou
The partying and pizza relapse is a classic. Don't worry about it. If it's mostly a one-off thing it doesn't count. Just get back on the ... uh, hobby horse?

The first year when I was vegetarian I got invited to someone's house. I thought they knew I was vegetarian, and maybe they did know, just that they didn't know what 'vegetarian' meant? So they served fish. And I was too polite to make a fuss about it. I wasn't happy with myself afterwards, but I decided to avoid any further such misunderstandings or awkward social situations for the future. And honestly, things have become a lot easier over the years.

they served fish. And I was too polite to make a fuss about it. I wasn't happy with myself afterwards, but I decided to avoid any further such misunderstandings or awkward social situations for the future. And honestly, things have become a lot easier over the years.
How did you avoid the misunderstandings and awkwardness after that?

How did you avoid the misunderstandings and awkwardness after that?
A couple of different ways, I think. As time went on, my dietary choices became better known in my social circles. I also became more confident and made this clear in advance whenever I was invited anywhere. Often I would also offer to bring something suitable to share myself. And if all else failed, my improved confidence/resolve allowed me to simply ignore it or sit it out. For example, one time when on a work trip to France we were served a multi-course meal at a restaurant up in the mountains somewhere. Each meal had a special vegan option just for me. But when the cheese meal arrived, they apparently had been unable to or forgotten to make something vegan. After some initial awkwardness and exasperation/complaints on my behalf by my colleagues/hosts, I decided it was probably time for some air and a bathroom break anyway. It was fine and I returned in time for the desserts.

Partying too much. Knew not to eat a couple slices of cheese pizza. Did it anyways. Just a relapse after going strong for 1.5 years vegan.
That's okay. Culture is the hardest to break. I realized this during my journey of going vegan.

We're brought up to be carnivores and considering that you've been good for 1.5 years, that's amazing and brave of you.

Mean its a valid point, but I feel no atachment to that part of "my" culture.