Reviews-Vegan/vegetarian restaurants?

Sadly, the Real Food Daily in Santa Monica has closed. I think they lost their lease. It may have gone up to where it was unaffordable. However, I believe they're looking for a new location in Santa Monica.

So GF and I met up at Veggie Galaxy diner in Boston a week or so ago. OMG, the food was awesome. I had a buffalo seitan burger with fries, and GF and I shared a humongous piece of vegan lemon merengue pie for dessert. It was divine. I hadn't had lemon merengue since I went vegan. What a treat. I would highly recommend it if you get to Boston. They are listed as vegetarian, but they have vegan options for everything and all the desserts are vegan. I can't wait to go back there again. :)

Last edited:
One thing that bothers me is that when you order a cheese-free pizza they charge you the same price as one with cheese. I think you should get a discount or a free topping as a replacement.

I liked Iydea too, I've eaten in there a couple of times. Brighton is really great for vegans, I wanted to retire there at one point.

I also ate at Loving Hut, Wai Kika Moo Kau and Bombay Aloo in Brighton.

That is non normal if you omit the cheese. You should ask them for a discount.

I also find that the food at Iydea is delicious. It is far better than the food at Real Food Daily in California. I loved the ambiance and lovely decor at RFD but they don't know how to cook vegetables. Every time that I've been there I had to send them back.

I'm really looking forward to going back to Idyea and to be able to sample something different next time.

L'As du Fallafel at 34 rue des Rosiers, Paris has a great vibe, good falafel and it's a fun place to be. Not "haute cuisine" more like street food. I went there as a vegetarian but I think it's vegan and it's definitely kosher too. Get there early to avoid queues. If you expect to have a linen napkin in a restaurant, don't go to this one.

I absolutely love Purezza in Brighton. They do one of the best pizza doughs ever :

Purezza - Plant Pioneers™ Brighton & Camden: Vegan Pizza Restaurant

I had their margarita pizza with their homemade pb cheese plus lots of kalamata olives.:p

It was the best vegan pizza that I have ever eaten even though the cheese didn't taste like dairy. It's also a very popular place with the
locals and it's always jam packed during most of the day.
Moreover, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I wonder why they don't open a few more branches in other towns ?o_O

Back in the day, when I would go to a new vicinity and want to eat out I would check Yelp and Happy Cow first. Although Happy Cow is all vegetarian and vegan, I found the Yelp reviews more current and accurate.

If you want to help the business, a yelp review is probably the most effective. and you can search the local vicinity for Vegan and find restaurants with vegan dishes.

Reactions: 1956
For anyone who is visiting Brighton Idyea will reopen their restaurant some time this year.

''Yay! We’re getting an amazing Christmas present… our cafe back!

The builders are doing the final touches before handing the building back after the devastating fire in September 2019. Then we have the mammoth task of fitting out all 4 floors so we can re-open. We estimate to be open again some time in March 2021 with some amazing new food and drinks. We can’t wait to see all you loverly people in the new year. Xxx''