Package Exchange Secret Santa Q&A Thead

HO HO HO Santa here! I'm looking for Lord Snot!

Santa knows that you are diabetic. If Santa sent you home-made goodies do they need to be made with stevia or other sweetener rather than sugar? Are you OK with agave nectar?

Would Mr Snot like anything? How about the bunnies?

HO HO HO Santa here! I'm looking for Lord Snot!

Santa knows that you are diabetic. If Santa sent you home-made goodies do they need to be made with stevia or other sweetener rather than sugar? Are you OK with agave nectar?

Would Mr Snot like anything? How about the bunnies?

Woohoo I'm first, I must have been the BEST behaved girl this year :yes:

I can eat food with sugar but it would be very helpful if Santa could say how many grams of sugar are in the food. That way I can work out how much insulin to have to make sure it doesn't raise my blood glucose. But stevia or other sweeteners are fine too, and agave. :)

Last year I generously allowed Mr Snot to sample what Santa sent me, but if you want to send something specifically for him put about 300 chillis in it and he *might* find it hot enough. Edit: And just realised this isn't just a food swap anymore. Mr Snot's main interests are movies and cricket if that helps at all.

The bunnies love fruit and veg, but dried fruit has too much sugar and the treats sold in pet shops are really bad like junk food, so I can't think of any edible things that would be practical to send. Harry does love to chew apple twigs, if you happen to have a tree in the garden. ;) Pear and willow is fine too, but other woods can be toxic. With toys, Harry isn't too interested except in the Argos catalogue which he likes to shred, but I'm told that Jessica likes to chase things.

We're all very excited!

Reactions: sallyomally
Hello TreeHugger ! I have lots and lots of questions for you:

What is your favourite thing about Christmas? Is there anything that is just the essence of Christmas for you?

What is the worst thing about Christmas? Are there some traditions or foods you hate?

Do you decorate your house for Christmas? If so, what kind of things do you like? Do you like novelty items, or do you prefer tasteful items?

What kinds of foods do you like to eat...?
Sweet or savoury?
Do you like chilli/spicy food?
Do you like dried fruit?

What kinds of drinks do you like to drink?

Do you like to cook? If so what is your favourite thing(s) to cook?

What type of scents do you like?

Do you like toiletries as gifts, or do you find that really dull?

What type of vegetarian are you?

Is there anything in particular you would like? Something you really fancy?

Thanks a lot, ho ho ho :starshower:

Hidy Ho-Ho-Ho! I'm searching high and low for WOLFIE!

How many furry kiddos do you have?

Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer teas? If you are a tea lover, what are your favorites?

Do you prefer salty or sweet?

Any flavors that you absolutely despise? Any allergies or certain things you just aren't fond of?

What are your favorite scents?

Chocolate lover? Chip addict? Pretzel person? What do you reach for when you have having a sneaky snack attack?

Favorite book, tv show and movies?

Is there a specific item that you would like to get that Santa might just be able to deliver your way?

That's is all for now, but never fear I might just return with some more checking up on you!

Looking for one of my top nice-listers, Swamp-Dweller!

My sweet little friend, Reusable Bag Fairy, has shared with me what you shared with her so I just have a few more questions for you and then my veggie elves and I will gather your gifts.

Around this time of year, there's a lot of angels being crafted by the crafty elves. Do you like angels? No worries if you don't, the elves won't take offense. :p

What is your favorite Christmas movie or cartoon?

What or Who is your favorite Christmas creature? Santa, snowman, reindeer, elves, the Grinch, and so on and so forth?

What is your least favorite Christmas thingy?

Is there any other special Christmas wish you may have? Anything else you would like to share?

Well, must get along and check on those sometimes mischievous elves.
Ho, ho, huh?

Hidy Ho-Ho-Ho! I'm searching high and low for WOLFIE!

How many furry kiddos do you have? 5 of the canine variety, 1 cat.

Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer teas? If you are a tea lover, what are your favorites? I don't like coffee other than the smell. I do like tea but haven't tried too many flavored ones other than what I've been sent in previous exchanges. Raspberry is good. Now if a chocolate-flavored tea existed . . . :p

Do you prefer salty or sweet? Either.

Any flavors that you absolutely despise? Any allergies or certain things you just aren't fond of? No allergies. I am not fond of dried fruit.

What are your favorite scents? Tropical like coconut or pineapple. Lilac and most flowers are good too. Anything that makes me forget it's winter.

Chocolate lover? Chip addict? Pretzel person? What do you reach for when you have having a sneaky snack attack? I love all of the above but chocolate is my favorite.

Favorite book, tv show and movies? If it involves dogs, I am usually interested. My DVR is full of Dog Whisperer, Pit Bulls and Parolees and Pit Boss. I also enjoy losing myself in an SVU marathon. I am pretty much a TV addict as long as it's not reality TV. I haven't seen a movie in so long I forgot what I used to like. ;)

Is there a specific item that you would like to get that Santa might just be able to deliver your way? Hmmm. Maybe vegan marshmallows if they sell them in your section of the North Pole? I've been to a few bonfires lately and realized how much I miss roasted marshmallows. I've always meant to order some and never get around to it. But don't go to any trouble.

That's is all for now, but never fear I might just return with some more checking up on you!

Thanks Santa!

Hello TreeHugger ! I have lots and lots of questions for you:

What is your favourite thing about Christmas? Is there anything that is just the essence of Christmas for you?

What is the worst thing about Christmas? Are there some traditions or foods you hate?

Do you decorate your house for Christmas? If so, what kind of things do you like? Do you like novelty items, or do you prefer tasteful items?

What kinds of foods do you like to eat...?
Sweet or savoury?
Do you like chilli/spicy food?
Do you like dried fruit?

What kinds of drinks do you like to drink?

Do you like to cook? If so what is your favourite thing(s) to cook?

What type of scents do you like?

Do you like toiletries as gifts, or do you find that really dull?

What type of vegetarian are you?

Is there anything in particular you would like? Something you really fancy?

Thanks a lot, ho ho ho :starshower:

SQUEEEE!!! HI SSECRET SANTAAAAAAA :D:jump:
  1. My favourite thing about Christmas is being at home with my family, friends and lovely dog Scooby. And I love that smell of Christmas, cinnamon, berries and warmth.
  2. I don’t like mince pies or dates, much to my nans disgust, but think I like all the traditions (it’s nearly the time of year to dig out the socks with bells on).
  3. Yes, we throw a miss match of random Christmas items/decorations around the front room that have been collected over the years, this is the first year my boyfriend has been living with us, so I will be decorating our bedroom as well.
  4. I prefer savoury over sweet, but like sweet too.
  5. I love both spicy food and dried fruit!
  6. Tea and vodka are my current drinks of choice (not together haha) but I am up for trying anything other than coffee.
  7. I like to attempt to cook; I don’t really have any specialties at the moment but would like to try a lot more vegan baking, cakes and cookies etc.
  8. I love the smell of lavender and also musky fragrances.
  9. I would definitely appreciate toiletries as a gift, you can never have enough lotions and potions!
  10. I’m vegan.
  11. There isn’t anything in particular I would like, I’m easy ;) although if you get stuck for idea's, dogs are my passion.
Thank you so much, Santy Clause, I'm very excited!! :hug:

xxx

:woo: RENEE!:woo:

Santa want to know lots of things!
Sweet or savoury?
Sweets or chocolate?
Spicy or salty?
Tea or coffee?
Harry Potter or Dr Who?
Healthy Food or Junk Food?

Favourite colour?
Favourite fruit?
Favourite band/artist?
Favourite animal?

If you could veganize absolutely anything, which three things would you use your magical power on?
Is there anything you would hate Santa to send you?
Do you have any hobbies?

Ho Ho Ho Santa to… SummerRain!!

Do you have any pets?
What’s your favourite animal?
What’s your favourite drink?
What’s your favourite colour?
What are your favourite scents (and any you dislike)?
Do you like spicy food?
Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
What’s your favourite hobby?
Do you have any allergies/dislikes that my elves should know about?
Would you like cosmetics/toiletries as a gift, or is this not your thing?
Is there any particular item you have on your wish list?

I must be off now, Reindeers to walk and what not. Lots of Santa love :starshower:

Reactions: SummerRain
Ho Ho Ho Santa to… SummerRain!!

Do you have any pets?
What’s your favourite animal?
What’s your favourite drink?
What’s your favourite colour?
What are your favourite scents (and any you dislike)?
Do you like spicy food?
Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
What’s your favourite hobby?
Do you have any allergies/dislikes that my elves should know about?
Would you like cosmetics/toiletries as a gift, or is this not your thing?
Is there any particular item you have on your wish list?

I must be off now, Reindeers to walk and what not. Lots of Santa love :starshower:

HI SANTA :) How's the elves?

I have a house rabbit (called Mushroom) but he lives with my parents, next time I see him will be Christmas !

My favourite animal? That's tricky, how can I pick a favourite? I'm a sucker for a furry mammal!

My favourite drink is probably coffee, I love coffee. I also like green and mint teas though.

My favourite colour is purple I think, I wear lots of purple. At christmas time though I like lots of red and white!

My favourite scents are fruit-y types of scents, and sweet spices, I dislike anything "perfumey"... I like sweet smells, apple, cinnamon, vanilla, berries, etc.

I love spicy food, love love love!

I love both, I have a big sweet tooth, but I love salty things too.

My favourite hobby is probably baking, I also like to cook, sew and I'm just learning to knit (I'm not very good). I'm a walking talking female stereotype.

Um I'm allergic to soya milk and yogurt, but not things with soya in or tofu. I'm also allergic to lots of raw fruit and vegetables... it wont kill me though, it's only an oral allergy so my mouth swells up and itches a lot (and my skin a bit if I touch them) but once they're been processed in some way it's okay (so apple juice/dried apple/frozen apple/cooked apple is fine, say, but I can't bite into a raw one, or eat food with raw apple in). I know what you're thinking, a vegan allergic to soya milk and fruit and vegetables? This has got to be a joke! haha. Luckily though I have next to no dislikes, it it's vegan and doesn't swell my tongue I'll love it!

I love cosmetics and toiletries, I'm very girly :)

and nope not at all, I like surprises! :D

Thank you ! :) xx

ATTENTION SECRET SANTAS: Sally forgot to mention that a few VV elves signed up for two boxes, hence the Q&A from two Santas. Thanks to one of our participants for bringing this to my attention!:yes::up:

CALLING PTREE15!!!

:broccoli::rp::bp::tangerine: :turnip:

Santa knows you are allergic to strawberries and hate mushrooms. Santa is willing to overlook the mushroom hatred and still send you your presents this year, even though mushrooms are the best thing ever ;)

You’ll need to tell Santa a little bit about yourself, though!

Are there any animal friends for Santa to consider when putting your package together?
Do you have a favourite pastime or activity?
Do you prefer sweet or savoury treats?
What are your favourite kinds of baked goods?
Are there any vegan products you have heard about which are unavailable in your area?
What drinks do you like the best?
In terms of non-edible gifts, do you prefer decorative items or more practical things?
What’s the worst present you’ve ever gotten?
Do you use cookbooks? If so, which ones are your favourites?
What is your favourite colour?
Do you like traditional ‘Christmassy’ things, or does the festive season turn you into a bit of a Grinch? If you like them, what are your favourite things about Santa’s favourite holiday?
And finally, do you have any abstract advice Santa can use to make this the best package ever?

CALLING PTREE15!!!

:broccoli::rp::bp::tangerine: :turnip:

Santa knows you are allergic to strawberries and hate mushrooms. Santa is willing to overlook the mushroom hatred and still send you your presents this year, even though mushrooms are the best thing ever ;) I really do wish I liked them, but alas, my taste buds will not cooperate :D

You’ll need to tell Santa a little bit about yourself, though!

Are there any animal friends for Santa to consider when putting your package together? I have a cat, Theo.
Do you have a favourite pastime or activity? I have quite a few, but I'll try to be brief: hiking, listening to music/going to concerts, baking/cooking, reading, knitting, traveling.
Do you prefer sweet or savoury treats? Oooh, tough one, but sweet wins by nose, though either is wonderful.
What are your favourite kinds of baked goods? Cookies, breads and scones.
Are there any vegan products you have heard about which are unavailable in your area? None that I can think of at the moment.
What drinks do you like the best? Any kind of tea, plus coffee and hot chocolate.
In terms of non-edible gifts, do you prefer decorative items or more practical things? More practical things.
What’s the worst present you’ve ever gotten? A gift certificate to a steak house :D -- after I went veg, lol.
Do you use cookbooks? If so, which ones are your favourites? Yes. I love Veganomicon, The Joy of Vegan Baking, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, plus Betty Crocker's cookbook (I just veganize) and The Joy of Cooking. I recently got Viva La Vegan and am excited to try out the recipes.
What is your favourite colour? Purple.
Do you like traditional ‘Christmassy’ things, or does the festive season turn you into a bit of a Grinch? If you like them, what are your favourite things about Santa’s favourite holiday? I love Christmassy things! Christmas-colored/themed hats, scarves, sweaters ... I also do decorate around the holidays, so I like wreaths, candles, knickknacks, wall hangings, Christmas-themed kitchen towels and oven mitts, tree ornaments, etc. I have some Christmas plates and mugs as well.
And finally, do you have any abstract advice Santa can use to make this the best package ever? I'm sure I will be thrilled with whatever Santa sends my way because giving is such fun!

:woo: RENEE!:woo: Oh my gosh! That's meeeeee! :D

Santa want to know lots of things! I LOVE YOU, SANTA!
Sweet or savoury? Savoury but sweet is good too.
Sweets or chocolate? Sweets. Chocolate is nice in tiny quantities, but it generally just hurts my stomach.
Spicy or salty? Salty but spicy if it's the horseradish-mustard-wasabi-type spice.
Tea or coffee? Both. I could never choose.
Harry Potter or Dr Who? D: DON'T DO THIS TO ME! Doctor Who but not with the current doctor.
Healthy Food or Junk Food? Healthy with a small side of unhealthy.

Favourite colour? Pink. But I really love all colours.
Favourite fruit? Ummm...mango. Possibly raspberries.
Favourite band/artist? Sufjan Stevens. Normally I wouldn't know how to choose, but lastfm tells me I listened to him more 4500 times in the past 11 months, so I think he wins.
Favourite animal? Elephants or frogs.

If you could veganize absolutely anything, which three things would you use your magical power on? Oh wow. This is hard. Smoked salmon. After thinking for a long time that's all I can come up with. I also wish wool could be vegan because it gets cold here in Canada and synthetic materials suck.
Is there anything you would hate Santa to send you? Anything strongly scented (especially vanilla). I also like to share but my boyfriend is allergic to all nuts (peanuts included), coconut & avocado. I could always not share if Santa has trouble with that. :p
Do you have any hobbies? I do not, really. I cook a lot. Listen to a lot of music. I love to read, especially poetry and women's and queer studies.
Thank you, Santa!

Looking for one of my top nice-listers, Swamp-Dweller!

My sweet little friend, Reusable Bag Fairy, has shared with me what you shared with her so I just have a few more questions for you and then my veggie elves and I will gather your gifts.

Around this time of year, there's a lot of angels being crafted by the crafty elves. Do you like angels? No worries if you don't, the elves won't take offense. :p

What is your favorite Christmas movie or cartoon?

What or Who is your favorite Christmas creature? Santa, snowman, reindeer, elves, the Grinch, and so on and so forth?

What is your least favorite Christmas thingy?

Is there any other special Christmas wish you may have? Anything else you would like to share?

Well, must get along and check on those sometimes mischievous elves.
Ho, ho, huh?

I do like angels but not realistic looking ones. Kitschy, wood and metal rustic ones yes. Hope this makes sense.

Vanilla, cinnamon and citrus scents, nothing too strong or flowery, a bit sensitive.

Like most of the Christmas shows, loved The Little Drummer Boy when I was a kid but don't think that has been on in ages. Love Charlie Brown, Grinch, Frosty, Rudolph, etc...

The Grinch is awesome and love snowmen.

My least favorite Christmas thing is Black Friday and people acting like idiots.

I am pretty easy going and very appreciative of anything you put together. My one request is if there is something unique to your area would love you to share.

Thanks Santa! Now time for you to go and get those elves back in line!

RENEE!
This is Santa No. 2 calling with a few more questions:

What sort of decor do you have?
Do you like decorative stuff or practical things (Santa 2 is stealing this question)?
What about scarves, hats, shawls, cowls, those sorts of things?
What types of fibers/fabrics do you like?
Who is your favorite poet?
What are you currently reading?
Do you use sponges or clothes for the dishes (or do you have a dishwasher)?
Do you wear jewelry? If so, what are your favorite types to wear?
If you watch TV, what is your favorite program?

Calling PiSis!!!

Santa already whipped up some magic and has a crafty idea but still a couple of questions....

What are your favorite scents??

What are some munchy items you love but don't indulge in often? Or something you would love to try but cannot get?

Santa has to go back to work. The elves are incorrigible this year!!! :sf:

Annia!

Santa is grateful for the thorough list of your preferences, it was most helpful and the elves have already started making some things. I have a few questions to help me plan the other projects.

• Do you like crisps/salty things?
  • Santa believes you are either pagan or Wiccan but is uneducated on these matters. Mrs Claus has a contact who will be able to help us, could you give an idea of your spiritual practices so we can find something you might like?
  • I know you have a gran and a mum at home, would they like something? Any ideas?
  • Ditto with your lovely dogs, do you feed them treats?

RENEE! OMG IT'S ME AGAIN
This is Santa No. 2 calling with a few more questions:

What sort of decor do you have? My apartment is lovely eclectic mish-mash of things, but I suppose warm is the best way to describe it.
Do you like decorative stuff or practical things (Santa 2 is stealing this question)? I suppose it depends on your definition of of practical. Tough call. I like both equally.
What about scarves, hats, shawls, cowls, those sorts of things? I LOVE SCARVES.
What types of fibers/fabrics do you like? Oh, I don't know. I don't like satin-y things, but everything else is cool.
Who is your favorite poet? Pablo Neruda or Dorothy Parker.
What are you currently reading? I have about 25 things started at the moment. The November goal is to finish The Metastases of Enjoyment: On Women and Causality, The Great Gatsby and a significant chunk of H.P. Lovecraft.
Do you use sponges or clothes for the dishes (or do you have a dishwasher)? We use cloths! No dishwasher here, except my roommate Oliver.
Do you wear jewelry? If so, what are your favorite types to wear? I do not wear jewellery, with the exception of my singular piercing.
If you watch TV, what is your favorite program? DOCTOR WHO. Or Gilmore Girls. But I don't really watch anything new.
Thank you, Santa, I love you!