September Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Friday, I got most of my exercise by rocking my butt off at an Alice In Chains concert. :D
I walked a little bit over the weekend, but not as much as I'd have liked. I spent lots of time in the car going from Boston to Rhode Island to New Hampshire to visit various members of my family. I started off the work week right, though: I did the 5k route at work. :)

So we've decided James will give me my very own personal training session every Sunday morning (our only day off together.) Might as well make use of a personal trainer fiance I guess :p

As someone who has never ever been or wanted to go to the gym it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Last time I couldn't walk/move after our session. This time I can! But can't bend down, haha.

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
I haven't posted in a while because I did pretty terrible 2 weeks ago and gained a pound and a half. Last week I lost the exact same amount so I am back to what I was. I have decided to try to lose a few more pounds so I have more "wiggle room" to gain. LOL I will try to do some toning exercise for the flabbiness but I hate exercise so that probably won't happen. :D

I haven't posted in a while because I did pretty terrible 2 weeks ago and gained a pound and a half. Last week I lost the exact same amount so I am back to what I was. I have decided to try to lose a few more pounds so I have more "wiggle room" to gain. LOL I will try to do some toning exercise for the flabbiness but I hate exercise so that probably won't happen. :D
You and Jeremy are doing great! I'm a "wiggle room" kind of girl as well. The important thing is to maintain your awesome healthy habits, which it seems you are doing. Everyone is different when it comes to maintaining. For me, I kind of eat what I want over the weekend but go back into "diet/healthy eating" mode during the week. I still get to indulge without too much damage. It's taken me a while to get to this point, I must say.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for the kind words! We did have an "off diet" day on Saturday when we went to New Smyrna Beach. I am trying not to be too obsessive about the whole process. I am kind of tired of the keeping track of every little bite I put in my mouth. :D

So we've decided James will give me my very own personal training session every Sunday morning (our only day off together.) Might as well make use of a personal trainer fiance I guess :p

As someone who has never ever been or wanted to go to the gym it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Last time I couldn't walk/move after our session. This time I can! But can't bend down, haha.

Yes excellent :D This is really cool!!

Don't forget that gains in weight don't always mean gains in size. We gain weight for a bunch of different reasons - water retention, muscle gain, whether or not we've eaten or used the toilet recently, etc. Your body is said to fluctuate by as much as 2.2 lbs up or down every day, so don't sweat a 1.5 gain that was there one week and gone the next :) You're doing great with your goals, just try not to obsess <3

So I did my two crossfit sessions last week, and played rounders on Friday (holy hell did that kill my legs). Then roller derby yesterday... where the captain pulled me aside and said that one of the girls on the team wants to give me some one-on-one mentoring :eek: I'm totally honoured that they're willing to spend extra time on training me, and really happy!!! Team, here I come!!

I feel so much better about exercising now the weather is not so hot and humid. I walked for 2 and 1/2 miles (4 km) yesterday and now today I just took my dog for a walk in the rain. Lovely and cool. :)

My new rebounder (trampoline) arrived and I will try it out later today.

I haven't popped into this thread in awhile it seems like. Things are going really good. I gave up on going from 12 minute miles to 10 minute miles. I've settled on a little better than 11 minute miles and have consistently ran most days. I'm down to 145lbs and again I'm on the fence about how much I should weigh. I'm thinking at 140lbs I'm still going to have some belly. I'm thinking about resetting my goal to 130lbs. I know that may sound too small for a man, but most men aren't 5'3" tall :D

I haven't popped into this thread in awhile it seems like. Things are going really good. I gave up on going from 12 minute miles to 10 minute miles. I've settled on a little better than 11 minute miles and have consistently ran most days. I'm down to 145lbs and again I'm on the fence about how much I should weigh. I'm thinking at 140lbs I'm still going to have some belly. I'm thinking about resetting my goal to 130lbs. I know that may sound too small for a man, but most men aren't 5'3" tall :D
You look taller than that in your photos. :)

I worked out at home today because my walking buddy is having some foot issues. I did a Leslie Sansone power walking video. Got a good sweat in, I must say. It was really hot and humid this morning, so I opted for the inside workout. It was good to mix it up a little.

So today I did mostly weights and toning. I had been ignoring that a bit on account of shoulder issues, so I gave it a good try today. I did squats and lunges with 6-pound weights in each hand and did some arm work as well. I also worked the core pretty good, so I likely will be sore tomorrow, haha. I did two planks, crunches and modified sit-ups. I warmed up with a Leslie Sansone video by doing one mile of the walking workout. It felt really good to get back into the weights. I had missed doing them. So far, the shoulders are OK. I'm going to stick to the lighter weights to see how my shoulders do. Fingers crossed!

This has been a really solid exercise week. I got three days of weights in and five days of cardio. I plan on doing my big city walk tomorrow, as the weather will be perfect: cool but sunny. Temps only in the 60s. :) I need to do much better on sleep. My dang teams are doing well, so I've been staying up late to watch/listen to the games, lol.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Back at it after a few slack days. Thursday we had a bottle share with friends at the local bar, as well as eating there. Delicious, but ugh. Friday wasn't a whole lot better since I didn't run. Put it this way, weigh in on Saturday had me gaining a quarter of a pound rather than losing :D

Yesterday I tried to increase my speed to the 10 minute mile again and failed again. Today I'm back to the 11 minute mile. I'm trying to figure out the best way to work myself up to that 10 minute mile. I'm also adding strength training back into the mix with my dumbells. It's pretty strange, back when I first got the weights I was lifting more weight than I can now getting back into it :fp:

Reactions: AeryFairy
Weigh in this morning and I lost 2 pounds! I am down to 109.2; I haven't weighed this "little" in a VERY long time. I am aiming for 100 so I can gain a little without freaking out! I measured myself today and I actually am starting to have a waist! :D

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Monday after Sunday training session & I don't hurt! Ever so slightly achey arms. Strange because after we'd finished I wanted to collapse into a heap on the floor. :dizzy:

I did 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weights and toning. I am so happy I can do weights again. :) I'm going to take a little walk after work tonight as well, before it gets dark. :)

We just got back from the mall. I decided to try on some jeans at JC Penney and the findings were pretty encouraging. I've been wearing 36 inch waist pants and pretty much relying on a belt to keep them from being around my ankles lol. Astonishingly I can now fit into 30 inch waist pants for the first time since I was 10 or 11 years old! I'm amazed, I wouldn't have dreamed I'd gone down that many sizes.

@Jeremy and @Chryssie I am so happy for you guys! And super impressed with your hard work and dedication. Keep up the awesome work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.