Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Last month's thread is here

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Drink a lot of water daily. No soft drinks at all!
2. Try to get to bed by 11pm every night. I'm going to find that really difficult as I kept staying up past midnight in August.:D
3. Exercise at least 5 days a week. I was trying to do 7 days but I'm being more realistic.:)
4. Eat more fresh fruit and veg daily, as well as taking vitamins.
5. Do more relaxing things like using my footspa in the evening. I did that yesterday.

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning - lost a few of those lbs gained.

Stairs are a problem after yesterdays workout. Stairs mainly, but also walking. & moving in general.

Reactions: AeryFairy
I'm pushing for the 150lbs milestone (40lbs lost), if I don't make it this week, I'll definitely surpass it next week!

I ran for an hour yesterday, 5.8 miles when all was done. I had gotten a late start, I ran after eating lunch. I got a bit sick afterwards, stomach doing flip flops, a bit of a cold sweat. I tried to push myself to cook dinner but about half way through Chryssie had to take over the cooking so I could lay down, ugh. I made a full recovery after eating dinner and even drank a bomber of sour beer after eating :D

I'm still debating whether or not I'll run today.

Way to go, Jeremy and raggle and Moll!

I had a great August exercise-wise.
I will continue with the following:
Work out 5 to 6 days a week; start incorporating weights back into my routine (my shoulders finally feel normal again)
Drink 48 ounces of water a day (I was sporadic with this, but when I did do it, I did great, lol)
Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night (always an ongoing challenge)
Watch the junk food and refined white carbs (^^^)

Reactions: AeryFairy and Poppy
Yeah! I'm in this month!

July and August were horrible weather wise and I did not exercise nearly enough. So here are my goals:

Exercise 5 times/week - 2.5 miles walk or 45 minutes yoga.
Meditate 5 times/week - 20 - 30 minutes
Eat more fruit
No alcohol
No French fries (we eat too many of them when we're out)
I have 9 pounds to lose, but no time limit.

I had a great walk this morning as the temps were wonderful. It was likely three miles. I'm listening to a good book, so I'm motivated to put on the sneakers and hit the pavement.

August was a good month for me. I plan to keep up the walking and continue to count WW points. It's the only way to control my eating. It forces me to choose healthier options instead of eating an entire bag of Skinny Pop and a pint of vegan ice cream for a meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so perhaps I'm off to a slow start - Yesterday I neither exercised or meditated, ate no fruit, and had wine with dinner - AND I ate five of Kelly's French fries. :eek: Things can only improve!

Already got yoga done for today. :up:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Today has been a good day, I have to say. Weighed in at 151lbs on the dot. Ran for an hour, 579 calories poof, burned! I spiralized a zucchini to make "zoodles" for eggplant parmigiana. Cooked spiralized zucchini is less than 30 calories per cup. Talk about a low-calorie pasta alternative, spiralized zucchini sure is a good one!

I'm still 950 calories under budget, I could have a beer if I wanted to. It's just too bad I don't have anything sour except for something special I'm saving as I don't like drinking when Chryssie doesn't have enough calories for it and it's something I knew she would like.

Woah, everyone's off to a great start! Keep it up!!

I took last week off from exercise, due to travelling for work training and a minor wound on my arm which meant I couldn't lift anything for a couple of days. But I'm back on it this week. My goals are:

1. To return to roller derby after two months off (due to travel issues caused by tram engineering works), and attend every Monday session starting next week.
2. To maintain 2 sessions a week of crossfit, fitting it around my new work schedule (as I was going in the middle of the day when I wasn't working)
3. To keep eating relatively well, lots of fresh veggies and high-protein meals
4. To not get too down on myself if I slip up on these goals - making time for workouts and cooking is hard when working full time, the occasional slip does not mean I'm not still making progress.

I've started the week out strong - got up at a decent time to prepare myself for work, went to crossfit afterwards, and I'm now having a protein smoothie and making a healthy veggie broth from scratch which I can use up in the week, adding tofu and veggies and noodles to make different kinds of soups for lunch.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I walked 2.25 miles yesterday evening and another 1.75 this morning before breakfast. And I shaved a minute off my first 1/2 mile which is all uphill. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PTree15 and Poppy
I stepped on the scale this morning myself to help Chryssie check for accuracy and consistency (She just changed the battery), I'm down to 150lbs now. Only 10lbs to go for me I think. It's hard to say if getting down to 140lbs will be enough for me until I get there, being that I'm such a shortie :D

Ran an hour today again. It went well, I felt pretty good! I just hate that when I take my shoes off the toe of my left sock is usually drenched in blood. I don't know if it's the fault of the Nike's I got for running or what?

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I feel your french fries pain, Poppy. I had some over the weekend at the beach. Good and greasy, lol. It was a lost weekend food and exercise-wise, but I'm back on track this week. I did 3-plus miles at work today, and we really picked up the pace on the hills. My friend had to ask me to slow down, lol! I have decided to have white carbs at only one meal a day. I seem to feel less bloated/draggy when I do this.

Today's crossfit was pretty awful for me. It's been really hot the last few days, and like an idiot I haven't been drinking any water when I'm not working out. So I started to exercise, and got all dehydrated. Had to sit part of the skill out, and didn't even finish the main workout.

So, another health goal for me:

DRINK SOME WATER YOU SILLY SAUSAGE :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.