Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am eating by candlelight (by choice, not necessity, hehe), and I am having grilled seitan, steamed carrots, baked potato and a salad ... and wine :)
20180313_192535.jpg
If 20180313_192500.jpg

I've not used Chinese five spice, but I have a good Cajun mix I might try. These sound really good. Did you bake them? I don't have a grill, but I do have a grill pan that might work. I could just bake otherwise.
I just baked them. I stretched out the dough till flat as I could get, after 25 min. (turned halfway through) I spread Sweet Baby Rays over the top and bottom and cooked about 10-15 min more? I don't remember, but when on looks.
I would want to try with another nut butter- maybe splurge on cashew

Reactions: PTree15
I had a chopped kale and iceberg salad with mandarins and balsamic dressing, with celery and a ranch hummus. Everything from Aldi

Reactions: Val
No one talking corned seitan and cabbage o_O this St Pattys' day?
I made eggless pasta ribbons in the Instant Pot while sauteing red onions, cabbage and the thin sliced leftover salami. I added water to deglaze the onions as they carmelized, then added the cabbage. I added some margarine as well, and a half packet of french onion dip mix. So good! The seiten was so tender, and very flavorful. The whole dish reminded me so much of what my grandmother would make.
IMAG0519.jpg

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
No one talking corned seitan and cabbage o_O this St Pattys' day?
I made eggless pasta ribbons in the Instant Pot while sauteing red onions, cabbage and the thin sliced leftover salami. I added water to deglaze the onions as they carmelized, then added the cabbage. I added some margarine as well, and a half packet of french onion dip mix. So good! The seiten was so tender, and very flavorful. The whole dish reminded me so much of what my grandmother would make.
View attachment 13828
I never liked corned beef, but I always loved the veggies. I had dinner at my parents' for St. Patrick's Day, and I just cooked my potatoes, carrots and cabbage separately. I have leftover veggies, so tonight I will have them with just my regular seitan grilled in a bit of oil. I might throw some mustard on it, too.

I'm going to make veggie pot pie (again, haha), as it still feels like winter. We are getting snow (again!); so much for spring. :D

I think veggie pot pie might be my favorite of the savory pies. I could eat it for days. :D
Do you make your own crust? I wish Aldi would bring back the one with veg shortening.

I made tofu with broccoli. Just seasoned with black pepper and Braggs

Another one of these....

CPsammich1.JPG CPsammich2.JPG My vegan-ranchified chickpea salad on Powerseed bread with sliced Roma tomato, baby spinach, & a Daiya slice... but this time I'm adding a layer of (halved) chipotle/cumin-roasted baby carrots....

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Soy curl curry. I made such a big pot :eek:, better freeze half cause I can tell I'll be sick of it soon! Was really good though, just can't do too much curry

Want to make this- I saw it at Aldi for $3.50 a not so big container, and passed it up-
Brownie Batter Dessert Chocolate Hummus - A Virtual Vegan
After seeing the link in your post, I just made it. Or rather, I should say I made chocolate hummus using these ingredients, but not necessarily in the proportions listed. My tablet powered down right after I read the recipe, so I just winged the proportions, according to taste. We just ate a little with apple slices.

It turned out well - definitely a keeper. Next time, though, I'll soften the chocolate chips first, so that they will incorporate more easily and smoothly.

Thanks!

Reactions: PTree15
I certainly had a yummy salad for lunch. Spring greens, cukes, walnuts, sliced green olives, and balsamic vinegrette .
Had more soy curl curry for dinner. Soy curls would make an amazing paprikash

Think I'll soak some garbanzos and make chocolate hummus!

It's gonna be homemade vegan mushroom stroganoff with orecchiette pasta.... :drool:

51gVOs9pghL.jpg

Gotta say, my newish egg-slicer is quite the handy time-saver! I can slice small mushrooms whole, the large shrooms get halved & placed cut-side up.

ShroomSlicer.JPG

Last edited:
Gardein fishless filet with vegan tartar sauce, Jasmine rice, steamed green beans and roasted Brussels sprouts.
20180403_194646.jpg

Reactions: GingerFoxx and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.