The Cat Lovers Thread

I don't know what ever possessed me into thinking I could let the kittens stay in the bedroom with me tonight. We are all still wide awake, lol. I don't think anyone will be getting much sleep tonight!

I don't know what ever possessed me into thinking I could let the kittens stay in the bedroom with me tonight. We are all still wide awake, lol. I don't think anyone will be getting much sleep tonight!

:D

Gotta love teh baby cats.

KITTY SLUMBER (not) PARTY!!!! Some of my cats have been good sleeping companions, but some haven't....

Peasant was my all-time favorite cat: a tortoiseshell/calico who had evidently suffered some sort of spine injury before I found her as a kitten in 1963 on my way home from school- her back legs sort of stumbled when she walked, but she could jump up on beds and run, and she wasn't in pain. Anyway, she used to get in bed with me at night, crawl under the covers, and crowd against me so that it was hard for me to sleep. Sometimes I just had to put her outside my bedroom door and shut it so I could get some sleep before school the next morning.

Have you tried wiggling your toes and fingers under the covers so they can get some pouncing practice in? :devil: (BAD suggestion, I know...)

So cute!How old are they now,Karen?If it's ok to call you Karen?We haven't talked much but I always enjoy your cat posts.:)

If it's ok to call you Karen?
:yes:

I'm not really sure how old they are...my guess is at least 8-10 weeks. I have to pull out the papers from the vet and see if there is a date on there. I finally filled out the application to adopt them. I will be faxing it over tomorrow. Don't tell my hubby. At some point he will figure out that they are here to stay, lol :D

I want to do this, but with silly drawings. :D
988696_560909043968357_1498733759_n.jpg

:yes:

I'm not really sure how old they are...my guess is at least 8-10 weeks. I have to pull out the papers from the vet and see if there is a date on there. I finally filled out the application to adopt them. I will be faxing it over tomorrow. Don't tell my hubby. At some point he will figure out that they are here to stay, lol :D
I'm not telling. ;)

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
Cats are so awesomely crazy, but they sure can bring on the gray hairs. I love this picture, even if it does make me scared to death for that crazy cat.
A cat balances on a balcony railing 17 storeys high above the Chilean capital, Santiago. Ivo Berg was visiting a friend when he took the photograph. He said: "As soon as I got to my friend's apartment I fell in love with the view but I was also very worried about the suicidal behaviour of his two cats. They would chase each other through the apartment, fighting and playing. But they would also jump on to the balcony and the railing. I was afraid that they could fall, but my friend told me that he tried stopping them from doing it several times, but that they wouldn't."
Picture: Ivo Berg/ Crazy Ivory/solent

993685_501458779936819_205667798_n.jpg

So, turns out I am not a complete foster failure. Paris went to her furever home on Wednesday! It was quite an exciting event. She is a wonderful, elderly woman...she cried when I brought Paris out of the bedroom to meet her. She was concerned that her age would be a factor in the rescue group approving her application, but I have to say, she is 20 years my senior and is in better shape than me! Plus, she hopped into her car and made the 30 minute drive to my house...with the help of OnStar, lol. She has a husband who is bed-ridden and I think this is one of those cases where they are going to be saving each other. And she has an excellent support system of family, friends and a nurse who helps take care of her husband.

She called me last night to tell me how the first 24 hours went. She said Paris settled in like she lived there all her life. She is already crawling up on her lap. I really think Paris is going to do well in that quieter environment. She was tolerating my crew but you could tell that she really wasn't into be social with them. Yay for happy endings! :)

So, turns out I am not a complete foster failure. Paris went to her furever home on Wednesday! It was quite an exciting event. She is a wonderful, elderly woman...she cried when I brought Paris out of the bedroom to meet her. She was concerned that her age would be a factor in the rescue group approving her application, but I have to say, she is 20 years my senior and is in better shape than me! Plus, she hopped into her car and made the 30 minute drive to my house...with the help of OnStar, lol. She has a husband who is bed-ridden and I think this is one of those cases where they are going to be saving each other. And she has an excellent support system of family, friends and a nurse who helps take care of her husband.

She called me last night to tell me how the first 24 hours went. She said Paris settled in like she lived there all her life. She is already crawling up on her lap. I really think Paris is going to do well in that quieter environment. She was tolerating my crew but you could tell that she really wasn't into be social with them. Yay for happy endings! :)

That's wonderful, Karen! Every pet should have a happy ending like that. :)