The Cat Lovers Thread

I cant let Gypsy anywhere near my head. She thinks my hair is a toy and starts trying to pull bits out with her teeth.

lol Although, I'm sure it's not funny when she's doing it.

I wish I had the nerve to post a picture of my legs...I look like I have a disease, there are so many kitten scratches. :(

Gizmo and Chico have been kind of crowding out Tyler when I feed them, so I let Tyler eat out of the can (it worries me that he's going to cut himself though). Now he refuses to eat off the dishes period and will only eat from the can. Chico noticed, ate what was left in the can when Tyler was done and now he only wants to eat from the can too. :hmm: Thankfully, Gizmo isn't as picky, he's fine with the dish.

Reactions: KLS52
LOL!

Seriously, be careful doing things like that with cats. If you do it often enough, it becomes a habit with them and habits are hard to break with cats as well as with humans. When I had the tap turned on at the bathroom sink, Sabrina wanted to take a drink of water. So I'd cup my hands to let the water pool to allow her to drink from my hands. Then I graduated to a plastic cup so I wouldn't have the water running and I'd hold it over the bathroom sink for her to drink from. Unfortunately I did that often enough so now Sabrina won't drink water unless it's in a plastic cup that I have to hold for her over the sink. :rolleyes: I mean, it can be sitting on the bathroom counter and she'll stand on the counter next to it and holler until I pick up the cup and hold it for her. :fp:

Selina has been extra cuddly today for some reason, maybe because I do not feel well. Normally she is all about my bf, but today quite a few times she curled up next to me. She gets all lovey and then nippy. That brat.

Reactions: Dedalus and Amy SF
LOL!

Seriously, be careful doing things like that with cats. If you do it often enough, it becomes a habit with them and habits are hard to break with cats as well as with humans. When I had the tap turned on at the bathroom sink, Sabrina wanted to take a drink of water. So I'd cup my hands to let the water pool to allow her to drink from my hands. Then I graduated to a plastic cup so I wouldn't have the water running and I'd hold it over the bathroom sink for her to drink from. Unfortunately I did that often enough so now Sabrina won't drink water unless it's in a plastic cup that I have to hold for her over the sink. :rolleyes: I mean, it can be sitting on the bathroom counter and she'll stand on the counter next to it and holler until I pick up the cup and hold it for her. :fp:

This happened to me with Bogart :smitten: Because of his medical issues, I often had to coax him to eat...I did this by offering some dry food in my hands. It wasn't long where he wouldn't eat any dry food unless I hand fed him. Sometimes it was annoying if I was running late for work, but for the most part I really didn't mind. <3

Reactions: Tom L.
Pixel has been sat in my handbag for two hours.

My phone has been going off under her butt periodically, and she keeps jumping every time it happens, but she still won't move.

Why is it so freaking cute when she's naughty?

a05nc.jpg

I cant let Gypsy anywhere near my head. She thinks my hair is a toy and starts trying to pull bits out with her teeth.

I have been sleeping downstairs because of the heat and my cat Jack sleeps next to me and has started biting my hair until I stroke him. I spend half the night doing that while he purrs away.:rolleyes:<3

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Poppy keeps getting out of the cat enclosure and jumping into the neighbour's gardens when she knows they all have dogs! :eek: I heard her tussle with one of the dogs the other night because I heard her hiss and the dog whine so she obviously scratched him. Here she is doing her best (vegan) butter wouldn't melt in her mouth expression. :)
2013-08-02110038_zpsbfb40f20.jpg

sat22ynn_zps13e95cf9.jpg

Thanks for the responses/opinions...they are appreciated.

Love the kittens with their mom pics, especially the last one. :)

Karen, I was going to ask you what happened to Bogart because I had gathered from some of your posts that he wasn't with you anymore. I was hoping you'd found him another home... I'm sorry he passed.:hug:

I, also, have tended to adopt older animals because I thought they had a harder time finding homes... but really, it's just as good to adopt youngsters. The last two rabbits I adopted from the local shelter were in the same cage, so even though one was not fully grown and the other was, I took them both because they appeared to be friends (they probably weren't father and son because they appeared to be different breeds: Hans was a mini-Rex, while little Franz was a Dutch). Like cats, rabbits sometimes don't get along with each other, and this time around I wanted to adopt two.

And please don't forget to think about what would be good for you. You've lost both Thor and Bogart within a rather short time. If these kittens can help you heal, that's a great thing! I wish you and all your cats well, whatever you decide.

So it looks like Paris will be going to her fur-ever home this week. I spoke with a very nice woman yesterday. She sent her application to the rescue agency so as soon as they check her references, we can set up a time for her to come and pick her up. I feel like this is going to be a really good match for both Paris and the woman adopting her. :)

So it looks like Paris will be going to her fur-ever home this week. I spoke with a very nice woman yesterday. She sent her application to the rescue agency so as soon as they check her references, we can set up a time for her to come and pick her up. I feel like this is going to be a really good match for both Paris and the woman adopting her. :)

Hooray! :)