The Cat Lovers Thread

I understand wanting to help out older cats, but adopting kittens is still a brilliant thing. You're still giving two kittens without a home, a happy safe home. Don't get lost in thinking about how good a thing it would be to adopt an older cat, and forget that adopting a kitten is still a great thing to do.

I don't know what I would do, but I think you should do whatever you most want to do - not what you think is the most self-less thing to do. Because both options you are doing a great thing, and both options will probably eventually work out (there are lots of cats our there, you should be able to find an older cat who will fit in with your cats and home, and lots of people wanting to adopt kittens... and of course keeping the kittens you know it'll work out since they're already in your home, so neither is a situation that is unlikely to work out well)... so I think it just comes down to what is best for you. :)

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
I'm so, so sorry about Bogart.:(:hug: To be honest I would adopt the kittens too. You don't know what the future holds and if these two kittens are happy with you and kittens do tend to be well adjusted when adopted in pairs anyway so you know you will keep them together.

Cat moms and their cat kids:

tumblr_mp31c6dw9P1s85085o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mp31c6dw9P1s85085o4_500.jpg

That is ridiculously adorable.

Karen: OTOH, whether or not you permanently adopt the kittens, if you want to continue fostering other cats, you have to get used to the idea that they are going to leave you eventually. That's what all foster furparents have to deal with, that the animals that they take care of and bond with will eventually have to leave. *sigh* It's a tough thing to deal with, I know. :(

(And...I agree with SummerRain. If you feel that permanently adopting the kittens is the right thing to do, then do it!)

Reactions: KLS52
Thanks again, guys. Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Carry on with the posting of cuteness. :)

Thanks for the responses/opinions...they are appreciated.

Love the kittens with their mom pics, especially the last one. :)

In my opinion this is a win-win no matter what you choose. You, KLS52 - are an amazing, compassionate lover of animals. The animals win. Therefore - you have my eternal hugs. (Sympathies for Bogart too. No matter, his spirit resides within you.)

I am sorry to hear about Bogart. I didn't know he was sick. :(

I also vote to keep the kittens.

Reactions: KLS52
This is Paris, the Persian kitty who had to be surrendered by her elderly owner because she went into an assisted living facility. She is up for adoption, six years old and declawed.
Cute face!<3

Awww. I wonder how she'd get along with kittens...;)

Funny thing about Persians; because of their pushed-in faces, they always look grumpy, but they can be the sweetest cats in the room!

Who would declaw a Persian? They're just lap cats, right? They'd rather just sit in your lap than do anything else, right?

Funny thing about Persians; because of their pushed-in faces, they always look grumpy, but they can be the sweetest cats in the room!

Who would declaw a Persian? They're just lap cats, right? They'd rather just sit in your lap than do anything else, right?
Yes, supposedly they are very docile.

I am going to meet her on Saturday with the woman in charge of the foster program...

They do have snooty little faces.:p My m-in-law has a female Persian.

Lol...that owl cat looks like the cat I found when I moved up here. He came to my back door every morning and evening to be fed for 8 years. I could never touch him...he would run away. But that didn't stop me from trying every now and then...I have the scars to prove it!

Reactions: thefadedone