The Cat Lovers Thread

372844_zps01aec601.jpg

our cats have a flea problem they are going to the vet tommrow to get helped, what should we do other then vacumm , clean the couches and all ? I am going out of my wits end itching.

Laundry...lots if it. Wash everything you can. If the vet gives them frontline or advantage you have a good chance of getting rid of the problem. Any fleas that might remain will most likely jump on the cats and then die. Not sure which one, but I think one of the medications kills flea eggs. We had a bad flea problem a few years ago and it was markedly improved within a week.

some people said we need to fog our place, is this wise while they are at the vet? We have the cat sitter coming tommrow for interview.

some people said we need to fog our place, is this wise while they are at the vet? We have the cat sitter coming tommrow for interview.

Do NOT fog your place with the cats still in it!!! They will die! Usually bombing/fogging is a last resort when the infestation is really, really bad. The cats , all animals and humans need to be out of the house for several hours if you fog it.

Are you looking for a cat sitter because you are going away for awhile?

Reactions: KLS52
Do NOT fog your place with the cats still in it!!! They will die! Usually bombing/fogging is a last resort when the infestation is really, really bad. The cats , all animals and humans need to be out of the house for several hours if you fog it.

Are you looking for a cat sitter because you are going away for awhile?
We were going to fog when they were at the vet animal hospital they are still there and we are working to clean up the place. We got some flea soap and spray for the cats and then some for the couch and other stuff that will be fine.
We are going to my parents area in a month for Thanksgiving and all.. That is why we need a cat sitter, we don't have no one to watch them.

We were going to fog when they were at the vet animal hospital they are still there and we are working to clean up the place. We got some flea soap and spray for the cats and then some for the couch and other stuff that will be fine.
We are going to my parents area in a month for Thanksgiving and all.. That is why we need a cat sitter, we don't have no one to watch them.

That's good. Did you get the soap and spray from the vet? The over the counter stuff like Hartz can be deadly to cats http://www.ehow.com/list_5985565_dangers-hartz-flea-tick-shampoo.html so it's best to get flea products from the vet and to stay away from cheap OTC products.

Reactions: Amy SF